Windows 10: cortana wont talk

Discus and support cortana wont talk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; *Confusedcortana was prettyfuly working without any problem but after 1511 update it wont respond to me and write:something went wrong try again a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hussein2, Mar 7, 2016.

1. hussein2 Win User

cortana wont talk

*Confusedcortana was prettyfuly working without any problem but after 1511 update it wont respond to me and write:something went wrong try again a bit later .... but i beleive it hears me because when i say hey cortana it shows cortana >>>>> thanks in advance

:)

hussein2, Mar 7, 2016

2. Text to speech wont work

In the speech options it is enabled.

The english TTS on google wont work

the english TTS on discord wont work

anywhere else my TTS wont work.

how do i fix this.

I'm not talking about cortana.

OwenDriscoll, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Having issues using Cortana on my windows 8.1 phone

Hi DawnReneesReaders

When you open Cortana. First a fall say "Hello" or "Hi" to her. By this she will understand that you want to talk to her and so that she wont give you a Bing result. And then try "Sing a song Cortana" or "Sing a song" command.

MCCshreyas, Mar 7, 2016
  4. cortana wont talk

Hi
    Welcome to the forum

I have seen a few people mention this
    Do you have it set to respond to anyone?
    If you have, try setting it to 'To Me' and then click the button to Learn My Voice

This is under Notebook then Settings

paulsalter, Mar 7, 2016
  5. hussein2 Win User
    thanks you but i cant find settings for cortana

hussein2, Mar 7, 2016
  6. If you click to go into Cortana, then select the 2nd icon down on the left

cortana wont talk [​IMG]

Then from here scroll down and select the Learn my Voice option

cortana wont talk [​IMG]

paulsalter, Mar 7, 2016
  7. hussein2 Win User
    whenn clicking on notebook it crashes

hussein2, Mar 7, 2016
  8. hussein2 Win User

cortana wont talk

thx u it worked after restarting and doing what did you say thx

hussein2, Mar 7, 2016
  9. Good to hear it worked *Smile

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cortana wont talk

1. cortana wont talk - Similar Threads - cortana wont talk

2. Cortana wont seach the web

in Cortana
    Cortana wont seach the web: If i say "cortana photos of puppys" i get "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that." Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-seach-the-web/ab33c3fc-7b8e-4839-b14a-f244fe6c4e0b
  3. How to keep talking to Cortana without saying "Hey Cortana" every time.

in Cortana
    How to keep talking to Cortana without saying "Hey Cortana" every time.: The title says it all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-keep-talking-to-cortana-without-saying-hey/8618e88e-ad28-47e8-b1e8-9b625dfd0cf6
  4. Mic used in talking to Cortana

in Cortana
    Mic used in talking to Cortana: Does a Snowball mic work with Cortana in Windows 10, version 10.0.0.18362, build 18362? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-used-in-talking-to-cortana/555e79fa-16d2-4590-85eb-572b8f3af756"
  5. Can't talk on cortana

in Cortana
    Can't talk on cortana: can't talk to cortana on pc * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: how can i on cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-talk-on-cortana/1681f6b4-803c-419c-bba7-91c0f17e573a"
  6. Talk to Cortana

in Cortana
    Talk to Cortana: Do I need an external microphone to talk to Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/talk-to-cortana/a8624b3f-ce90-4368-ae20-f861d3beafbb"
  7. Windows 10 installation and Cortana Constantly Talking

in Cortana
    Windows 10 installation and Cortana Constantly Talking: I guess my question is "why on earth did your designers think it was a good idea to have Cortana saying 'we're still setting things up', 'please don't turn off your device', 'thanks for your patience', and the like every 7 or 8 seconds during the entire installation process?"...
  8. Cortana feedback wont stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana feedback wont stop: I disabled the Cortana "Taskbar Tidbits", but I still receive those sorts of greetings, etc. I do have "Send notifications between devices" enabled, but I dont think the messages I would expect from that are what I am receiving. thx 79497
  9. How do you get Cortana to talk?

How do you get Cortana to talk?: I can't seem to get it to talk. It only answers my questions through text or does a Bing search. 9777
  10. Can anyone get Cortana to talk ?

Can anyone get Cortana to talk ?: i installed Windows 10 Pro on 4 PCS running windows 8.1 pro. All of them have sound working, but Cortana does not say a darn thing. I have no microphone hooked up but I thought she still answers when you type something? Yes or NO. In the Preview 10 I got her to answer on one...