Windows 10: Cortana wont work switch keeps going to off

Discus and support Cortana wont work switch keeps going to off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just upgraded my Win 8.1 pro EN-GB using media tool and I cant search or get cortana to work. It worked fine in the Insider Preview. Anyone got any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by banger, Jul 30, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Cortana wont work switch keeps going to off

Just upgraded my Win 8.1 pro EN-GB using media tool and I cant search or get cortana to work. It worked fine in the Insider Preview. Anyone got any ideas ? Going to check regional settings now but I dont thing its that.

Tim

:)

banger, Jul 30, 2015

2. Cortana keeps crashing.

Since a hard reset, Cortana keeps disappearing when I go to a web page and she won't follow a verbal request, like what's the time...annoying, and although location history is switch on, it appears switched off in my phone settings and says "Cortana won't
    work if search history and location history is switched off which it isn't...I have windows 10 phone...can anyone help resolve this?

LynTownsend, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Sanjeev69 Win User
    Lumia 630 Dual SIM - Call issues after Denim Update

Switching off Cortana seems to have worked for me as well. No issues for the past few hours and keeping my fingers crossed....

Sanjeev69, Jul 30, 2015
  4. banger Win User

After a freeze uh oh after pressing settings button mouse just froze, and a hard reset button and reboot she now works. Freeze not good!

banger, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Cortana wont work switch keeps going to off - Similar Threads - Cortana wont switch

2. PC keeps switching off and CMOS reset did not work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps switching off and CMOS reset did not work.: ContextI wanted to change some BIOS settings so I could install Windows 11. - I enabled Intel Platform Trust Technology PTT on my GA-B250M-DS3H motherboard BIOS settings, and it worked fine. - I enabled Secure Boot without any issues neither.- But then after restarting the...
  3. Cortana wont turn off my computer anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana wont turn off my computer anymore: Probably the only voice command i use with Cortana. Now she wont turn off my computer anymore "Im sorry I cant turn off this device." This worked for years. But recently cortona stopped working entirely until i signed into my microsoft account (why is this required now?) and...
  4. Cap Locks message wont go off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cap Locks message wont go off: Getting a White "Caps Lock is On" box in middle of screen. Wont go away unless I reboot the computer. Have tried several Keyboards. Thanks, Brad [ATTACH] Thanks, Brad...
  5. GameDVR keeps switching off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GameDVR keeps switching off.: Hi, I've been looking for the past day or so, and tried literally every solution under the sun, registry editing (CurrentVersion/GameDVR, and the GameConfigStore), I've tried fixing and resetting the xbox app, the gamebar app, and the xbox companion, I've deleted and...
  6. s - mode switch wont work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    s - mode switch wont work: hi, I've just bought a new acer laptop and I'm trying to switch it out of s-mode but it keeps on coming up with I need to contact my administrator when my Microsoft account is set up as administrator account. Someone help me please[ATTACH]...
  7. Cortana on off button wont stay on

in Cortana
    Cortana on off button wont stay on: Hi I have an ACER computer bought this week and I cannot use Cortana. When I go into settings and try to turn on HEY CORTANA the toggle just goes back to off and will not stay on Voice Cortana wont turn on with the Microsoft button + C either I am using my mobile as a...
  8. internet keeps going off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    internet keeps going off: 2 things why does my internet keep going off could it be my external adapter optiplex dell 755 also what does this mean how do i fix Thank you TIM[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-keeps-going-off/f7b7c918-0555-4ad9-a3d1-3fbda8ff58a1
  9. BITS keep switching off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BITS keep switching off: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home. Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.207). PROBLEM: Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS), keeps switching off. I can manually switch on to automatic, apply and OK...and then after a minute or so it simply reverts to switching off. I had...
  10. Laptop wont update after switching off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop wont update after switching off.: So I was updating to Windows 10 1803, when my laptop ran out of charge, I didn't realize it wasn't plugged in. The error code is 0xc1900101, which means there has been a rollback. When I click Check for updates in Updates and Security, I just get error code 0x80096004. Help?...