Windows 10: Cortana works but isn't able to search/find folders or open/launch documents.

Discus and support Cortana works but isn't able to search/find folders or open/launch documents. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi I'm a late-comer to using Cortana, which I've just set up on my old Surface Pro 3 laptop, running Windows 10, with MS 365 installed and everything... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by WillBillS, Jan 7, 2021.

1. WillBillS Win User

Cortana works but isn't able to search/find folders or open/launch documents.

Hi

I'm a late-comer to using Cortana, which I've just set up on my old Surface Pro 3 laptop, running Windows 10, with MS 365 installed and everything working just fine.

Cortana can hear, understand and respond to me, but it only seems able to search the web via Bing for things. When I ask it to find/search/launch/open an app/folder/documents it responds with:

"Sorry, I'm not able to help with that."

or

"Sorry but for the time being, I am not equipped to do that."

Is this not a function of Cortana and, if so, how do I turn it on?

Thanks

PS. my windows search bar works just fine, searching for apps, documents, web etc. for what I type.

:)

WillBillS, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Jakub578 Win User

Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

HI! I have a problem with Cortana. I can´t see Cortana in start menu and also when I search for Cortana and I tap on e.g. Cortana premissions, it just opens windows settings. So I tried to allow Cortana through Local Group Policy Editor, but still nothing,
    even after PC restart. So now I don´t know what to do. Could you help me please?

Jakub578, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Cortana works but isn't able to search/find folders or open/launch documents.

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Cortana works but isn't able to search/find folders or open/launch documents.

1. Cortana works but isn't able to search/find folders or open/launch documents. - Similar Threads - Cortana works isn't

2. Cortana not able to open apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana not able to open apps: When I ask cortana to open some apps it says "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that.". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-able-to-open-apps/97752b74-d0df-483a-b594-6c69b399a563
  3. Cortana not able to open apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not able to open apps: When I ask cortana to open some apps it says "I'm sorry, but I can't help with that.". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-able-to-open-apps/97752b74-d0df-483a-b594-6c69b399a563
  4. Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open

in Cortana
    Search Not working and Cortana Won't Open: Windows Search will not work on my computer. I cannot access Cortana settings. I cannot access the "about" screen to find out which version of windows 10 is running. I have reset the troubleshooting index for search. It does not find any known issues. Windows Updates...
  5. My Search or Cortana isn't Working

in Cortana
    My Search or Cortana isn't Working: Greetings friends, Can you help me with this problem or guide me to what i need to do, because i have searched all over the internet and can't seem to find solution through it. Thanks in advance!...
  6. not able to type in Cortana search bar

in Cortana
    not able to type in Cortana search bar: I am unable to enter any text into the Cortana Search bar. When I see if its having a problem in the task manager it's not even appearing which makes me think its not loading on start. I am able to track down the windows search function and have tried to rest that but it is...
  7. keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard isn't working for games/apps and cortana search bar: for a while I've been having this problem where I can't type in the cortana search bar, which wasn't a big deal at first I just ignored it and found other ways to search, but this got really annoying when I couldn't sign into my microsoft account because I couldn't type in my...
  8. Cortana isn't working

Cortana isn't working: Hey, Unfortunately I don't live in the US, so I set all regional/language settings (even the time zone) to United States and English but Cortana still isn't working. When I go in the settings, it just shows this: [img] Can I somehow fix this? 62416
  9. Cortana Isn't Working

Cortana Isn't Working: Neither the microphone nor the "Ask me anything" search bar work. Yesterday I was infected by the Palikan virus, but have successfully (after five or six frustrating hours) removed it thanks to Malwarebytes and a follow-on program I downloaded and installed this evening,...
  10. How to make Cortana open my Documents folder

How to make Cortana open my Documents folder: Hi. I am trying by voice command to have Cortana open the folder my documents, however every time I try, it opens the edge. I have tried with .bat file, put a shortcut in my appdata / roaming / microsoft / start menu / programs folder but the result is always the same:...