Windows 10: Cortana X Google

Discus and support Cortana X Google in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft community! I'm writing to ask if anybody can help me with an issue relating to Cortana working with my Google Calendar. I can link my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Rhys Cutting, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Cortana X Google

Hi Microsoft community! I'm writing to ask if anybody can help me with an issue relating to Cortana working with my Google Calendar. I can link my Google Account with Cortana and Windows 10. In Outlook (mail and calendar) it shows everything I'd need to know (Cortana can offer an alternative to the missing stuff). However when I say "What's on my calendar today?" or "What's on my calendar on Tuesday?" Cortana simply response with "You've got nothing planned." However Outlook states my Google Event for Tuesday is there but yet Cortana linked to both Google and Outlook can't read it? Any ideas?

Also I must point out I'm deep in the Google Ecosystem but want to use Microsoft things too. So if this can be fixed I can get everything else to work. Just this one crucial feature is need for me to use Microsoft things properly.

Cheers.

- Rhys

:)

Rhys Cutting, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 6, 2019
  3. [WINDOWS 10] Cortana not using voice to respond

Hi,

Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

I would suggest that you run a SFC scan and check. Follow the below steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Check if issue still occurs with Cortana.

Vinod Archak, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Cortana X Google

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Cortana X Google

1. Cortana X Google - Similar Threads - Cortana Google

2. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

in Cortana
    What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?: I'm looking for a voice assistant to run on my Desktop, and am just wondering if going through the unconventional installation guide of Google Assistant on my computer is worth it compared to just running Cortana which comes built-in to Windows 10 by default. Are there any...
  3. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?: I'm looking for a voice assistant to run on my Desktop, and am just wondering if going through the unconventional installation guide of Google Assistant on my computer is worth it compared to just running Cortana which comes built-in to Windows 10 by default. Are there any...
  4. What are some advantages of using Google Assistant vs Cortana on a Windows PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make Cortana to use Google Chrome instead of Edge for web searching?: Title says it all really. Appreciate any advice! submitted by /u/Shapebuster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0epoy/is_it_possible_to_make_cortana_to_use_google/
  6. Cortana link to Google calendar

Cortana link to Google calendar: When will this be enabled? Cortana is useless without it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-link-to-google-calendar/03565ae0-9e42-4704-895f-27b389f024f3
  7. How do I turn on "Voice Search" for Google Chrome in Windows 10? I do not want to use Cortana.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn on "Voice Search" for Google Chrome in Windows 10? I do not want to use Cortana.: Voice Search functions properly on my laptop, Windows 10, but not on Desktop. It's blocked on Desktop and when I try to enable it I get notice that no Microphone available. Desktop microphone icon only says microphone is turned off....
  8. Changing Cortana search to Google

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Cortana search to Google: Is there a way to change the Windows 10 taskbar search to Google without setting Chrome as my default browser, and using an extension? I very much like the Edge beta, but I prefer Google as my search engine. submitted by /u/gotthelife11 [link] [comments]...
  9. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  10. Cortana answers always invoke MS brower and Bing but my default is Chrome with Google. How...

in Cortana
    Cortana answers always invoke MS brower and Bing but my default is Chrome with Google. How...: I don't know how to change Cortana default search engine and Cortana default browser. Is there a way to do this, or am I going to be forced to become a switch hitter?...