Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; How can I slow down Cortana's response to a question? I only get 1/2 a question out and if I pause 1-second Cortana is already researching the answer... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by rex.baird, Nov 8, 2018.

1. rex.baird Win User

Cortana

How can I slow down Cortana's response to a question? I only get 1/2 a question out and if I pause 1-second Cortana is already researching the answer to only the portion of the question I intended to ask. Plus, Cortana doesn't understand Texan. Frustrating!!

:)

rex.baird, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Cortana

windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...
  3. Cortana not available on taskbar or in settings in user profile but are correct in new...

in Cortana
    Cortana not available on taskbar or in settings in user profile but are correct in new...: Win 10 x64 fully up to date - Cortana missing from taskbar and settings although search was available on both. Many suggestions on internet to fix including resetting Cortana etc. but none worked. Creating a new profile showed that the problem was in my profile; a new clean...
  4. cortana

in Cortana
    cortana: how to enable cortana to reply only to my voice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/e634c292-a9da-408a-9a36-a02261b736bd"
  5. you don't like Cortana?

in Cortana
    you don't like Cortana?: we all know we can't uninstall cortana However you can suspended her [ATTACH] How you can stop cortana to consume valuable resources you can use for gaming or others more important things? well I use A new version of O&O ShutUp10 and Voilà cortana stop waste my...
  6. Disabling Cortana

in Cortana
    Disabling Cortana: Until today, my taskbar "search box" did not use Cortana. Sometime today, perhaps following an update, it is using Cortana and I have not been able to figure out how to disable it. . I want the search box which previously was delivering local results. . So I would like to...
  7. Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1903 - Hide Cortana From Settings: As I have Cortana disabled, is there a way to hide it from the settings? [img] When I click on it, there's not many options inside... [img] 133280
  8. Cortana freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana freeze: Cortana freezes after typing one letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-freeze/5601cf8a-aab0-487b-8a47-866f03a5275f
  9. I have read all the complaints re: Cortana and I don;t understand why we have to have her!...

in Cortana
    I have read all the complaints re: Cortana and I don;t understand why we have to have her!...: Windows 7 / https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-read-all-the-complaints-re-cortana-and-i/9b182704-c446-4c0c-b586-52d447a40576"
  10. How can I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How can I change what Cortana calls me?: I know a bunch of people have asked this, but unfortunately none of the articles I've read have helped. I somehow do not have the "About Me" section of the Cortana menu, and that seems to stop me from changing what she calls me? It makes me very uncomfortable....