Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; How can I slow down Cortana's response to a question? I only get 1/2 a question out and if I pause 1-second Cortana is already researching the answer... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by rex.baird, Nov 8, 2018.

1. rex.baird Win User

Cortana

How can I slow down Cortana's response to a question? I only get 1/2 a question out and if I pause 1-second Cortana is already researching the answer to only the portion of the question I intended to ask. Plus, Cortana doesn't understand Texan. Frustrating!!

:)

rex.baird, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Giridhar J Win User
    Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User

Cortana

windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. Cortana crashes in build 1809

in Cortana
    Cortana crashes in build 1809: I am having issues with Cortana in this recent fall update to 1809. Cortana responds when I say "Hey Cortana" and the search box openes and is marking listening, but then closes before I can ask anything. Usually there is a sound generated to acknowledge command but that...
  3. get cortana to hear and answer me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    get cortana to hear and answer me: how to use cortana where she hears and responds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-cortana-to-hear-and-answer-me/10c39d42-d015-4677-8767-70ef4dd5b389
  4. Cortana and search bar problems

in Cortana
    Cortana and search bar problems: Hey! I have two different problems concerning me with regards to Cortana and the search bar respectively. So the problem I am facing with Cortana is that she won't respond to anything I say. I tried setting up a microphone and in fact when I say "Hey Cortana", Cortana...
  5. Unable to add service in cortana after 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to add service in cortana after 1809: Hi, I just updated to build 1809 however there is no option to add a service to Cortana (Spotify). I am logged into a MS account and also completed all updates that are available but still no option. [img] [img] Thanks. 121874
  6. Taskbar/Cortana search window...

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Cortana search window...: With the 1809 update, the taskbar search window changed: [img] The width of the initial search window is doubled in size. Is there a way to reduce the width to what it used to be in 1803? Or at the very least, is there a way to change the background color for this window?...
  7. My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...: See above … says it all Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-which-i-used-to-talk-to-cortana/3aec8755-a8db-42fa-a45b-08d6b06c39d3
  8. Cortana has disappeared from task

in Cortana
    Cortana has disappeared from task: Cortana has disappeared from the task area and I don't know how to get her back. Can anyone help please ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-has-disappeared-from-task/45a0bb32-a7da-4431-8434-d213ce8f9186"
  9. What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?

in Cortana
    What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?: I've been using the Android Cortana app to sync notification to Windows 10 and until a couple of days ago it was working (most of the time). Then the Android app got an update to 3.0.0 and now all the notification sync options are completely gone from the app (I can't find...
  10. New Microsoft Cortana Digital assistant 3.0.0.2376 for Android Nov. 15

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Cortana Digital assistant 3.0.0.2376 for Android Nov. 15: Fast, easy and fun to stay on top of work & life with your personal assistant Cortana! Bring your smart digital assistant to your phone to help keep track of the important stuff wherever you are, across your devices. Microsoft Cortana is your free smart digital assistant....