Windows 10: cortana

Discus and support cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; my cortana will not show me notebook icons and menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/26b2c0ed-4a03-4f05-b531-383994c8d201" Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ShubhamKumar79, Jun 12, 2019.

1. cortana

my cortana will not show me notebook icons and menu

:)

ShubhamKumar79, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 12, 2019
  4. cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

cortana

1. cortana - Similar Threads - cortana

2. cortana

in Cortana
    cortana: cortana tell me i have no emails.trying to figure out which email account she checks.i have a yahoo,gmail and aol mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/09c954f4-955f-4744-80e9-b3258f6939a4"
  3. Why is cortana no longer finding files in computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is cortana no longer finding files in computer: Why does serch not find files in computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-cortana-no-longer-finding-files-in-computer/39b528b5-ec4d-4b2e-abe2-b69920d926a6"
  4. Hands-on with new Cortana experience on Windows 10 20H1

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with new Cortana experience on Windows 10 20H1: Microsoft is looking to bring an overhauled chatting experience to Cortana with Windows 10’s Spring 2020 update. The company has already implemented the early bits of new Cortana experience in Windows 10 20H1, but these changes are currently hidden in the latest build. The...
  5. cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it

in Cortana
    cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it: After years of use, suddenly something called "cortana" showed up and I can't get my search box to work anymore because this thing is getting in the way. How do I go back to just having a usable search box? I did not do anything that I'm aware of to cause this. I tried to...
  6. Cortana no longer has a text box to type questions

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer has a text box to type questions: Version 1903 build 18908.1000 There is no text box. When I am in a library or a hospital I cannot use Cortana because I cannot quietly type my questions. I often prefer to type rather than talk at my phone. How can I get Cortana to allow me to text my questions again?...
  7. Is it possible to allow Cortana to float in desktop instead of docked at taskbar?

in Cortana
    Is it possible to allow Cortana to float in desktop instead of docked at taskbar?: So as per title. I know that in the past you can get floating search bar and Cortana being immersed with search functionality, will also be floating. However, since Cortana is now split from search bar, I only get a floating search bar, and Cortana is being docked to the...
  8. Leak reveals Microsoft’s new Cortana experience for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Leak reveals Microsoft’s new Cortana experience for Windows 10: Cortana is getting a whole new look and easier to talk on Windows 10 with the next big update. Microsoft is focused on improving the UI for conversational experiences, which will allow you to set up things like reminders, ask for weather and more by typing. Like its Android...
  9. cortana

in Cortana
    cortana: How do I get Cortana To open search results in Google Chrome instead of Edge? I can't find a setting to do that. Thank you very much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/1130ecbe-c926-403d-8803-55fea27d6244"
  10. My cortana search shows blank results

in Cortana
    My cortana search shows blank results: Today I noticed my cortana search looks completely different. When I go to type in my search box, I get blank results, no matter what I type. I have verified that Windows has indexed nearly 50,000 items for windows search. How can i fix this? My first picture shows what...