Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I have lost my Cortana Device on my Lap Top screen. how can get it back, Please... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BerylShaw, Jul 7, 2019.

1. BerylShaw Win User

Cortana

Hi, I have lost my Cortana Device on my Lap Top screen. how can get it back, Please

:)

BerylShaw, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. why is cortana reading my emails in the background

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is cortana reading my emails in the background: I sent a personal email to my pharmacist a couple of days ago and got a Cortana pop up asking if I wanted to add it as a task? I dont recall giving Cortana permission to read my emails. this could also explain why when I only have 2 edge tabs open it seems to spawn 10...
  3. Cortana on off button wont stay on

in Cortana
    Cortana on off button wont stay on: Hi I have an ACER computer bought this week and I cannot use Cortana. When I go into settings and try to turn on HEY CORTANA the toggle just goes back to off and will not stay on Voice Cortana wont turn on with the Microsoft button + C either I am using my mobile as a...
  4. [SOLVED] Does Cortana No Longer Work?

in Cortana
    [SOLVED] Does Cortana No Longer Work?: Since updating Windows 10 to version 1903 last week, Cortana no longer responds. The microphone icon is gone in the search bar which I understand is Microsoft's doing to separate Cortana and Search. I see the circle after the search bar which is the Cortana icon, and I...
  5. Cortana Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Problems: I have just changed from Mac to Surface Book 2 and I am encountering some small problems with Cortana. 1. I changed my name on Cortana and its pronunciation and she will say it back correctly but right after she won't say it the same way when I ask her to say my name. 2....
  6. Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana: I already changed Cortana's settings and put Spotify as my preferred music player but when I ask her to play music by an artist (e.g. "Play music by Billie Eillish") She will say ok and tell me that she will play it but nothing plays. It just goes back to the current song...
  7. how to type command to cortana instead of speaking

in Cortana
    how to type command to cortana instead of speaking: Sometimes it is easier and faster by typing command but it seams Cortana will not respond my command. For example, if I type "set a reminder at 11 am" in the Cortana search, it will just bing search what I just typed instead of setting that command? Any idea how to solve...
  8. Cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana: How do i disable cortana or prevent it from automatically popping up at random times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/2b9c7d2a-7963-441e-8d9d-8257ad080ac5"
  9. Cortana Glitching

in Cortana
    Cortana Glitching: Hey, so whenever I open up the Cortana task and search bar (which is located right next to the start icon), it gets glitchy. I have already tried the Microsoft Powershell method but it doesn't get rid of the issue. If you have any tricks, please let me know. Thanks....
  10. Cortana no longer works on my Harman-Kardon Invoke, after updating to 1903

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer works on my Harman-Kardon Invoke, after updating to 1903: Today I installed the May 2019 update for Windows 10. Previously, I've enjoyed using Cortana on my Harman-Kardon Invoke. Immediately after the update, there doesn't appear to be any way I re-establish the connection between Windows 10, Cortana, the Harman-Kardon Invoke, etc....