Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I live in Belgium, I have no Cortana icon on my task line, and if I look via the Start icon, Cortana has not been installed on my laptop. Is it perhaps... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GuidoCeuleers, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Cortana

I live in Belgium, I have no Cortana icon on my task line, and if I look via the Start icon, Cortana has not been installed on my laptop. Is it perhaps not functioning outside the USA ?

:)

GuidoCeuleers, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    How to remove "Top Apps" section from Cortana Search Bar: Right now as it stands, the "Top Apps" section is showing some extremely sensitive documents that neither I nor my wife want anyone seeing. We've tried everything to make this disappear entirely or at least remove specific suggestions that it is broadly and stupidly...
  3. Cortana and Search magifier not responding in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search magifier not responding in Windows 10: Cortana not responding. Also search magnifier not responding. Have Windows 10 duly updated. Request help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search-magifier-not-responding-in/9ae21ef8-a921-40d1-b580-e0f470068132"
  4. Need help with Cortana Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Cortana Crash: While Cortana seems to work from the taskbar, when I try to open the app to access settings, the app briefly flashes a purple screen but quickly disappears. running Windows 10 build 18985, release 190913-1426, just updated today....
  5. Keyboard use of cortana

in Cortana
    Keyboard use of cortana: I do not have a microphone attached to my computer and can no longer use Cortana. How do I get back to using Cortana with keyboard entry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-use-of-cortana/25583236-ca41-473f-9028-685e40a62f48"
  6. i want to delete cortana and tablet mode off my desktop computer !

in Windows 10 Customization
    i want to delete cortana and tablet mode off my desktop computer !: just turning it off or hiding will work !! i dont want to ever see it on my computer ! ever its useless garbage to m and i have other stuff i can do with the memory , there is much more i would like to remove from my coomputer , dont give me any bullcrap about its not...
  7. Cortana "I can't seem to get the internet working..."

in Cortana
    Cortana "I can't seem to get the internet working...": Cortana is basically offline and can't respond to anything. I'm up to date, Win 10 1903 build. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-i-cant-seem-to-get-the-internet-working/6d044da3-8905-4f61-b7e0-769984207859"
  8. Remove Cortana Speech Mode

in Cortana
    Remove Cortana Speech Mode: Updated to windows 10 version 1903 and was surprised to find that Cortana was in speaking mode. Everything I have tried does not get me back to just opening Cortana and typing. She hasn't understood a single thing I've said so I just want to shut her up. Any help?...
  9. Cortana isn´t working

in Cortana
    Cortana isn´t working: HI! I have a problem with Cortana. I can´t see Cortana in start menu and also when I search for Cortana and I tap on e.g. Cortana premissions, it just opens windows settings. So I tried to allow Cortana through Local Group Policy Editor, but still nothing, even after PC...
  10. How can I stop Cortana from interrupting? Window 10

in Cortana
    How can I stop Cortana from interrupting? Window 10: Several times this morning when I've been in another Community (Lenovo), Cortana has interrupted. I didn't think to take a screen print but a black vertical rectangle appeared telling me to change my settings. There was no X on it to close it - I stopped it by switching to my...