Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana gets the words in the box when i voice type them, but oly replies sorry i didn't get that when she really actually got it. she just chooses not... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SteadiedCat7189, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Cortana

Cortana gets the words in the box when i voice type them, but oly replies sorry i didn't get that when she really actually got it. she just chooses not to respond. Can you help? Thanks!!!

:)

SteadiedCat7189, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. Cortana not working.

in Cortana
    Cortana not working.: Hi, I'm on Evaluation Copy Build 19025.vb release 191112-1414 Cortana has not been working for about a week, ever since the first Major Update about a week ago. I've had a Cumulative update, (Corana still not working) and then this build, and still giving the same...
  3. cortana and "about me" not in Notebook change name she calls me?

in Cortana
    cortana and "about me" not in Notebook change name she calls me?: Seriously you give me a download in zip and don't tell me how to install it....WOW!!! Or what to do with it. Come on guys! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-about-me-not-in-notebook-change-name/b7f0ff52-0a84-4d00-a838-8845276cda9b"
  4. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  5. Search bar and cortana doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar and cortana doesnt work: Hello everyone, today i just updatet my windows from version 1809 to 1909. When i try to click on search icon nothing happens and same with cortana. I actually dont really care about cortana but the search bar makes me pretty angry. I have tried lot of fixes i found on...
  6. Cortana hears my question but will not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears my question but will not respond: Cortana hears and displays my question on the task bar but it doesn't respond - it shows the blue circle but doesn't give an answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-hears-my-question-but-will-not-respond/0e8289da-3aea-421c-bb66-0fd4ce7dc190"
  7. "Remind me" is broken in Cortana

in Cortana
    "Remind me" is broken in Cortana: This morning I tried asking Cortana to remind me to do something when I got home, a feature I use some some regularity, but she appears to simply not know how to 'remind me' of things anymore. Any variation of asking her to remind me of something instead results in a...
  8. Cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana: Since I downloaded 19013.1122 my Cortana does not work. I have a Lenovo Desktop. Is there going to be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/05abe906-d651-4361-af6d-c3677b8b7ccc"
  9. Cortana stops working in three seconds

in Cortana
    Cortana stops working in three seconds: Can somebody please help me with Cortana, it just pops up the listening window to shut down in three seconds and nothing happens, maybe it was some Windows update that made her stop working. Help needed here, thanks in advance....
  10. Cortana On Windows 10 Phone No Longer Sets Reminders By Voice

in Cortana
    Cortana On Windows 10 Phone No Longer Sets Reminders By Voice: I am on a Windows 10 Phone. I noticed today (11/18/2019) I can no longer set reminders in Cortana using a voice command. For example: "Remind me to call Barb tomorrow at 9:00 AM", when spoken opens a Bing search for Windows reminders, rather than scheduling my reminder....