Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Forgive me if I have missed the obvious in an embarrassing way, but how do I configure Cortana to respond only to my voice?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by appollonius, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Cortana

Forgive me if I have missed the obvious in an embarrassing way, but how do I configure Cortana to respond only to my voice?

:)

appollonius, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. Missing Microsoft store, edge browser and cortana in my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Microsoft store, edge browser and cortana in my PC: I have Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Version 1607. I can not find Microsoft store app, edge browser app and cortana app in my PC and even i couldnot download them from websites. Please suggest me the possible solutions ....
  3. How can I reactivate the Cortana Keyboard input box. I don't have a microphone.

in Cortana
    How can I reactivate the Cortana Keyboard input box. I don't have a microphone.: I DON"T HAVE A MICROPHONE * Moved from msn * Original title: How can I reactivate the Cortana Keyboard input box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reactivate-the-cortana-keyboard-input/cff31f03-3a14-44db-999a-c2dbf2429d72"
  4. How I disable Windows Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I disable Windows Cortana?: Windows 10 Home v1909 OS build 18363.592 Hello, I disable it when I was installing Windows 10 in my HDD i have try to disable it from Windows Settings I have try to disable with ShutUp10 v1.7.1405 Maybe with an new rule in EIS (HIPS)? Thanks [img] [img] 148736
  5. I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard

in Cortana
    I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard: I have purchased Microsoft surface go. But not able to speak to cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-microphone-to-talk-with/e810e7b7-1e6d-4589-895f-d875140236d6"
  6. Upgrades: Cortana is unresponsive, Windows Hello doesn't work,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrades: Cortana is unresponsive, Windows Hello doesn't work,: I have aSurface Pro 4. Each update, lately, has fouled up some basic function. Cortana is unresponsive, Windows Hello doesn't work, most upgrades cause BDOS, and now my Bluetooth MOKO keyboard has stopped working. Do test these things before you send them out? Is there...
  7. Disabled Cortana now search bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled Cortana now search bar doesn't work: So I disabled Cortana by the regedit way and by renaming the cortana folder. After doing this my windows search bar and the bottom does nothing when I try and use it. I have tried reversing the disabling of Cortana for a fix but that didn't work as Cortana doesn't show up in...
  8. Cortana can't hear me.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana can't hear me.: I have gone through all of the activation and set up instructions for voice recognition, have checked all of the appropriate boxes, but to no avail. I can see and hear people during connections on Skype, messenger etc, but they cannot hear me. Can anyone help?...
  9. How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it?

in Cortana
    How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it?: How do I get the cortana bar back at the top of my screen after accidentally closing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-cortana-bar-back-at-the-top-of-my/5456df64-c531-4234-b0ac-bc418a199b1b"
  10. When is cortana coming to Denmark

in Cortana
    When is cortana coming to Denmark: Hi are there any plans on a expansion on Cortanas languages Cortana like Danish and Norwegian, cortana has been out for a long time now and still has only a few languages to Choose from Where is Siri already has Danish and Norwegian...