Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana does not respond after updates and microphone works well. Cortana used to respond but suddenly stopped working. Any help to fix this?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Abhi16, Mar 26, 2020 at 10:37 PM.

1. Abhi16 Win User

Cortana

Cortana does not respond after updates and microphone works well. Cortana used to respond but suddenly stopped working. Any help to fix this?

:)

2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

4. Cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. Cortana Icons

in Cortana
    Cortana Icons: When I try seaching anything on the cortana seach bar it shows this type of icon. I tried resetting the icon cache but it didn't work. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-icons/c91fdf9f-c77f-42be-9f2c-b4b9b4adf574
  3. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: Hi All, I recently bought surface book. OS is upgraded to latest. When I open the Cortana, it opens up and waiting for my voice. Even though, I speak something, Cortana is not Responding back. I used voice recorder application to test, which was working perfectly....
  4. Cortana doesn't know my name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana doesn't know my name: I just recently did a factory reset and signed back in to my surface. Cortana did her usual thing asking if I wanted to set her up, did so but ignored twice the option to change what she called me... now a few minutes later I decide I do want to mess with that and now the...
  5. Cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana: Hi, My question is, Why is Cortana not responding? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/5b0061f8-2fbf-4540-95e1-447aaac68712
  6. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana not working: I need help with this : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/498b11b8-f308-42d5-8ce1-91e74cffdc25
  7. Amazon Music on Cortana Device with other Music apps?

in Cortana
    Amazon Music on Cortana Device with other Music apps?: Greetings All, Not in settings however, that is how I got to where I'm at. It started in I guess you could say still is in Settings. Using my HP Windows 10 Laptop, I went to Settings > Cortana > Permissions > IN BLUE TEXT: Change what Cortana knows about me in the cloud >...
  8. Cortana is not working as it should work, i try searching something

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working as it should work, i try searching something: Cortana is not working as it should work, i try searching something andCortana doesn't do anything. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/2d5e2b48-6b04-4bc3-bc1b-5e2f5428ef58
  9. Critical Error Start Menu Cortana Not Working

in Cortana
    Critical Error Start Menu Cortana Not Working: Good Day all. I have a very big problem with my pc and I really need a very good solution to solve it if there's any. This error may be common to few but mine is like an evolved version of it. Yes, few people get this error due to some regrettable actions they performed,...
  10. Windows search bar & Cortana are not working

in Cortana
    Windows search bar & Cortana are not working: I cannot type in search text. Also Cortana does not work. When I go into Settings to try and resolve anything nothing works. Does anyone know if this is a temporary issue or something bigger....