Windows 10: cortana

Discus and support cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; cortana does not know my name.when i click on cortana notebook does not show about me just has organizer and mansge skills.also the email address... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by waynedesrosier, Jul 23, 2020.

1. cortana

cortana does not know my name.when i click on cortana notebook does not show about me just has organizer and mansge skills.also the email address listed for me was changed.please help

:)

waynedesrosier, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

4. cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thema:

cortana

1. cortana - Similar Threads - cortana

2. Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thanks, Windows. Cortana worked fine in the UK prior to version 2004.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tharoufizon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i43as4/thanks_windows_cortana_worked_fine_in_the_uk/
  3. How can I disable Cortana?

in Cortana
    How can I disable Cortana?: I don't really use Cortana on my desktop. What's the proper way to disable it and remove the process? It's generating error in event log every couple of hours. Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  4. Windows 10 Cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Cortana: Ok, I don't use Cortana that much. However, I sometimes use it for weather, alarms, questions, stuff like that. I went to ask Cortana a question and it wants me to sign in. It seems like I can't use Cortana without signing in with a Microsoft account? Is there a way to use...
  5. Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer

in Cortana
    Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, just upgraded to build 19041.388 In event viewer, there are many of the same error. How could I fix it? Thanks Event ID = 10001 Task Category = None Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  6. How to kill Cortana / Edge?

in Cortana
    How to kill Cortana / Edge?: This has been asked previously. However, no real answer has been provided - how do you stop Cortana eating ram and processing cycles? Failing that, how do I stonewall Cortana so she's not telling her creators everything about me? I realise I'm not the best at hiding my...
  7. Cortana can't make a reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana can't make a reminder: Hi, I spend most of my time on my Windows PC, so I used Cortana many times before for basic tasks like a reminder, unit conversion, world time, etc... after the new Cortana's change cannot be considered as an update in the windows 2004 version, I was not able to activate...
  8. Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen

in Cortana
    Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen: The microphone works fine in Recordings Windows Store native app and in Zoom, but it doesn't work in Skype and Cortana. When I used it for the last time, in the end of June, it worked fine in Skype. When I opened Skype yesterday, it asked me to login and the microphone didn't...
  9. Critical Error - Start Menu isn't working, Cortana not installed

in Cortana
    Critical Error - Start Menu isn't working, Cortana not installed: Recently a few domain joined PCs updated from 1909 to the May 2020 Update 2004, and now two users with roaming profiles have an issue, that after signing in and trying to open the Start Menu, they get an error message about a "Critical Error. Your Start menu isn't working....
  10. Cortana Computer Control

in Cortana
    Cortana Computer Control: Can you use Cortana to control your computer for instance shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-computer-control/9fa7b4f5-b371-4175-a9f0-f9787103df91