Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Microsoft I'm updated in version 2003, and I got Cortana update. But Notebook is missing. How do I enabled Notebook? Because I want to play... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DaniswaraNugraha, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Cortana

Hi, Microsoft

I'm updated in version 2003, and I got Cortana update. But Notebook is missing. How do I enabled Notebook?

Because I want to play music with Cortana

:)

DaniswaraNugraha, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. Cortana moves around on it's own.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana moves around on it's own.: It doesn't open up randomly, but when I open it it constantly moves around my apps, past the search bar etc. As if I was repeatedly mashing the TAB key. This also happens to other things too, like file manager, or when I click ctrl + alt + delete. When I restart my PC, the...
  3. Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away

in Cortana
    Cortana Reminders Won't Go Away: I told Cortana to "Remind me to do X every day at Y". She faithfully did so for a month or so at which point I no longer needed her to remind me. I proceeded to delete the reminder from Microsoft To Do, yet every day she continues to remind me on my computer. The reminder...
  4. Parts of cortana are missing after last update

in Cortana
    Parts of cortana are missing after last update: parts of cortana are missing after installing latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parts-of-cortana-are-missing-after-last-update/f9e79b5f-843a-407d-99aa-ad9ab0c04231
  5. Strange Cortana Login Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Cortana Login Issue: Until yesterday I was using v 1909 on my desktop PC and Cortana worked fine with my main MS account I have been using for years. I just upgraded to v2004 and now get the message below when I try to login to Cortana with my usual MS account. Why doesn't this work? I have a...
  6. Cortana, separate from just removing, why cant we decide?

in Cortana
    Cortana, separate from just removing, why cant we decide?: So, I did read several ways to disable cortana a while back and it worked for me but i could no longer search my folders or use the search bar at the bottom of the desktop in the start bar/task bar. After a system update she came back as if giving me the finger. She is...
  7. Trying to uninstall Cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to uninstall Cortana: Does the "Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage" method in PowerShell not work anymore? It did not work for me. I get this when I try... Get-AppxPackage : The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no...
  8. Cortana Wake Word Problem. A little help pls?

in Cortana
    Cortana Wake Word Problem. A little help pls?: When I go to settings and turn on the setting that allows you to use the wake word Cortana, it says that it should work on the Cortana app. However, when I say her name the wake word she doesn't respond, and when I go into the app and ask her why she just says 'Sorry, I can't...
  9. Since latest update in October 2020 to build 19041.572 Cortana is no longer opening apps

in Cortana
    Since latest update in October 2020 to build 19041.572 Cortana is no longer opening apps: Hi there, Since the recent update to windows in October 2020 I have noticed that Cortana no longer opens programs when I ask. For example "Open Twitch App" and instead all I get back are Bing search engine results. Looking through a large number of support articles...
  10. Cortana not working with IFTTT

in Cortana
    Cortana not working with IFTTT: I am trying to connect IFTTT to Cortana on my windows 10 computer, but whenever I try to tell Cortana to trigger an applet, it just says "Sorry, I can't help with that". After several days I tried downloading Cortana to my iPhone and it worked. How do I get Cortana on my...