Windows 10: Cortana

Discus and support Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; how do i get cortana to search websites with my voice???... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Insneclwn420, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Cortana

how do i get cortana to search websites with my voice???

:)

Insneclwn420, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Cortana

1. Cortana - Similar Threads - Cortana

2. my cortana is reading my emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my cortana is reading my emails: cortana read out my email to my friends and asked if i wanted to have reminder that i was going to asda with my freinds this was disterbing to me because i had not told her about my emails so please tell mewhat to do...
  3. How do I fix Cortana

in Cortana
    How do I fix Cortana: How do I fix Cortana. She will not pull up web sights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-cortana/886d1320-6946-4730-88ac-eaab1a737d0b
  4. Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone: Hello Community...... Ever since the Windows 10 Update 19042.906, my microphone is not accessible for any of the meeting apps. Under Control Panel --> Sound --> Recording, I can see that the microphone is sensing noises , but none of the Apps can. So essentially, I am not...
  5. Removing Cortana From Startup

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana From Startup: How do I remove Cortana from the startup. I'm able to disable it bot not delete it. Is there a way to uninstall Cortana? I checked 2 Run keys in the Registry but it isn't listed in either. I thought there were 3 places in the registry that has the Run key. Can anyone...
  6. I can't associate Cortana with Spotify

in Cortana
    I can't associate Cortana with Spotify: Hi. I can't link/associate/connect Cortana with spotify. It says that ,,I'm sorry, I can't control your music here.". I searched how to do this but it is said about Cortana's notebook or Cortana Permissions that are non existent on my device....
  7. cortana not opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana not opening apps: I am not able to open apps using cortana. It is showing - "sorry, I am not equipped to do that" . May be some settings error, but till now I am not able to find any source to rectify this problem. No clarity is there ,,,how to solve this problem....
  8. Cortana running in background

in Cortana
    Cortana running in background: Hey there!!! So i have been using windows 10 for a while now. Recently i noticed that whenever i speak anything close to my microphonewhich i always keep inserted in my CPU's jack the mic icon pops up in the taskbar on the bottom right. Which certainly means that the...
  9. Cortana cuts off dictation after a few words

in Cortana
    Cortana cuts off dictation after a few words: I am trying to use cortana to write emails and such but every time I open her up and use the dictation method it's only letting me speak for about 10 seconds or less before it stops listening and dictating, I set up the voice recognition and I have cortana enabled and she...
  10. End of support for Cortana app on iOS or Android as of March 31, 2021

in Windows 10 News
    End of support for Cortana app on iOS or Android as of March 31, 2021: As we announced in July, we will soon be ending support for the Cortana app on Android and iOS, as Cortana continues its evolution as a productivity assistant. As of March 31, 2021, the Cortana content you created–such as reminders and lists–will no...