Windows 10: Cortana's improper functionality

Discus and support Cortana's improper functionality in Cortana to solve the problem; Week ago I purchase a Headphone for better experience of windows features. In starting, it works fine and when I call her, she just do few of task and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DhananjayPorwal214, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Cortana's improper functionality

Week ago I purchase a Headphone for better experience of windows features. In starting, it works fine and when I call her, she just do few of task and say "Sorry, I can't help with that." I'm fine with that but now today i call her she didn't respond and even can't search on the web. All check all the setting but all are fine, when i tap on Cortana's icon it work less proficiently and do very fewer task.

Cortana's improper functionality 7b2a2a10-912f-4b26-a66d-99eed9f36caa?upload=true.jpg

I reinstall it from some code i found on Microsoft Community but it still won't help me. Somewhere I read that relogging helps to fix several bugs in Cortana but it also won't work. I ask to my friend about this problem he say, "Your windows is not genuine because of that Cortana isn't work properly" but i have purchased a Windows 10 Pro license from a retailer. So i check that also and what i found :

Cortana's improper functionality 7929d9c0-a93e-48ea-b5b2-cca0142402c7?upload=true.jpg

I know my OS is genuine but still didn't find the proper solution.

Is there any way by which Cortana will activate when ever I call her without clicking on Cortana's icon.

:)

DhananjayPorwal214, Sep 7, 2020
  2. keith Win User

Cortana email function

Have set up Cortana in windows 10. Works OK. I ask to send email and it asks for contact name. No contact is listed in drop box list. Cannot send mail. I have functioning Comcast, Outlook and Gmail accounts. How do I establish contacts in Cortana.

keith, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Cortana email function

You need to add the contacts to the 'People' App.

Edwin, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Cortana's improper functionality

Cortana email function

Also note that your reference to Outlook most likely means Outlook.com, similar to Hotmail.com, not the installed Microsoft Outlook program, might make a difference but I don't intend to set up Cortana for some time to come.

Berton, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Cortana's improper functionality

1. Cortana's improper functionality - Similar Threads - Cortana's improper functionality

2. about the improper functionally of input headsets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about the improper functionally of input headsets: Hi, My name is krish sharma. I have windows 7 profesional installed on my desktop. When i insert my head set into my PC it shows that the audio device has been inserted but i am not able to hear any sound. I tried different settings but all in vain.The head set is properly...
  3. about the improper functionally of input headsets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about the improper functionally of input headsets: Hi, My name is krish sharma. I have windows 7 profesional installed on my desktop. When i insert my head set into my PC it shows that the audio device has been inserted but i am not able to hear any sound. I tried different settings but all in vain.The head set is properly...
  4. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Cortana
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  5. Cortana can't perform basic functions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't perform basic functions.: I'm trying to use Cortana to open apps, set reminders and things like that. She's advertised to be able to do all of that by Microsoft. However, whenever I try to, say, open an app, I get the response "Sorry, but I'm not equipped to do that at the moment". It's either that or...
  6. CORTANA' S FUNCTIONS MISSING!!

in Cortana
    CORTANA' S FUNCTIONS MISSING!!: [ATTACH] THIS IS VISIBLE TO ME [ATTACH] AND IN THE MENU BAR ONLY THIS IS VISIBLE. WHERE IS MY LEFT PANEL?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-s-functions-missing/099de354-164c-4fa9-8376-edafc27c12d1
  7. Improper Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Improper Updating: Hi, My Windows 10/1079 keeps Updating 1803 and 1903, then regurgitating or crashing until I reset. Every reset ruins something and wipes needed Apps. The Updater automatically restores itself after being disabled in Services. Any ideas?...
  8. Improper ShutDown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improper ShutDown: So, my desktop computer with Windows 10 installed has a problem shutting down properly. The usual process takes place and the monitor goes blank but the fans and lights on the CPU are still on. I have, to no effect, waited for more than 30 minutes hoping they'd go off...
  9. Cortana email function

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana email function: Have set up Cortana in windows 10. Works OK. I ask to send email and it asks for contact name. No contact is listed in drop box list. Cannot send mail. I have functioning Comcast, Outlook and Gmail accounts. How do I establish contacts in Cortana. 19140
  10. Cortana email function place attachment

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana email function place attachment: Have Windows 10 PC. I am able to compose Cortana email but I cannot find how to place attachment. Please help 19334