Windows 10: Cortana's Location

Discus and support Cortana's Location in Cortana to solve the problem; I live in NE PA and Cortana gives me weather and movies for places in MD. How is that useful for me. A user should opt for inserting a current Zip... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DPR826, Jan 2, 2019.

1. DPR826 Win User

Cortana's Location

I live in NE PA and Cortana gives me weather and movies for places in MD. How is that useful for me. A user should opt for inserting a current Zip code or location for this information otherwise you have written a useless software for a user!!

:)

DPR826, Jan 2, 2019

2. Cortana and Location Settings

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.
    Also suggest you to check if similar issue persists on another user account.

Create another administrator user account by referring to

Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Cortana's Location

Cortana and location won't turning on.

Hi Abhinav,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need to know more information to help you better.

• Which region do you live?

• Do you get any error message when you try to turn on your location in settings menu?
    Currently, Cortana is only available in the some of the countries/regions.
    I suggest you to refer the below article for more information about Cortana’s regions and languages.

Cortana’s regions and languages

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/cortanas-regions-and-languages

As you are not able to access Cortana from start menu, you may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Command prompt (admin).
    2. Enter the below command and hit Enter key.

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

3. Now enter the below command and hit Enter key.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I suggest you to refer to the below help article for more information on how Location services will work in Windows 10.

Windows 10location service and privacy: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/location-service-privacy

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Cortana's Location

1. Cortana's Location - Similar Threads - Cortana's Location

2. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  3. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  4. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings: My laptop is 2 years old, but recently cortana keeps popping up.I can't stop it.If I click on the 3 dots on cortana looking for settings, the only choices are 'sign in', 'keyboard shortcut', 'feedback' and 'about', but not settings.If I go into windows settings, there is no...
  5. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings: My laptop is 2 years old, but recently cortana keeps popping up.I can't stop it.If I click on the 3 dots on cortana looking for settings, the only choices are 'sign in', 'keyboard shortcut', 'feedback' and 'about', but not settings.If I go into windows settings, there is no...
  6. Cortana keeps popping up, but I cannot locate cortana settings

in Cortana
  7. Cortana default location wrong

in Cortana
    Cortana default location wrong: I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.804 and anything to deal with location on Cortana is completely wrong by several hundred miles such as weather or anything. Location settings are on, default location is set to my location within the Maps App as I...
  8. Cortana location problem.

in Cortana
    Cortana location problem.: Hello Everyone, My Cortana app shows the wrong location weather when I ask it. How to solve this issue?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-location-problem/f64c4413-fb39-4847-8f9b-9366a7a60891
  9. Cortana gives wrong location

in Cortana
    Cortana gives wrong location: After installing the October 2020 feature update, Cortana started misbehaving. I live in Ottawa, but if I ask for the weather report or a store it puts me in Toronto. I have set the default location correctly, and have given permission to every app to use my location....
  10. cortana Showing weather of wrong location.

in Cortana
    cortana Showing weather of wrong location.: Hello everyone, My Cortana app is showing weather of the wrong location. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-showing-weather-of-wrong-location/c3d3b60e-dff2-416b-b068-c6d4e987d680

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana location

2. where is cortanas code location