Windows 10: Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

Discus and support Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana's "take a note" crashes after a note is either spoken or written. The screen below just closes instead of presenting me with the screen "Here... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by fredericoacazevedo, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

Cortana's "take a note" crashes after a note is either spoken or written. The screen below just closes instead of presenting me with the screen "Here is your note" and the symbol of onenote besides it. As a result, the notes aren't being saved in any onenote notebook. I've tried restarting the pc, reinstalling onenote, reinstalling cortana, creating a new account, changing the default onenote notebook but nothing seems to work. The same thing is happening in my surface book 2 and in another windows pc. Both are running the last update of windows 10.

Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note f143b83e-32ec-4498-ad36-0636c8f5569e?upload=true.png

:)

fredericoacazevedo, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Alfred001 Win User

Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

I've taken to using Sticky Notes recently and love them, but today I've had them crash on me for the first time and I lost some of the notes.

I'm wondering, is there some kind of modified version or something that would allow saving the notes?

I don't mean saving them to some particular destination as a file, but just saving the current notes so that if a crash happens those would be the ones that are restored, rather than what happened to me which is that what was restored was the notes I had the last time Sticky Notes closed properly.

Alfred001, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

Just an observation, I have Sticky notes on my W7 & my W10 computers. Stickynote.exe was listed in many recent crashes on my W7 machine and for the last 2 weeks, there are failures in Reliability Monitor on my W10 computer saying that Sticky Notes has failed to update ( this all happened after the 1607 upgrade ).
    So I went here Stickies and downloaded Stickies. It's a small program and it is way better than MS Sticky Notes. I put it on my W7 & W10 computers and it works great and is free.

CADesertRat, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

sticky notes

Hi Gary,

To better assist you regarding your concern, can you tell us what are you trying to do with your sticky notes? Are you trying to add a reminder to an open sticky note? If so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Sticky Notes
    • Write a note
    • Indicate the time and date you want Cortana to remind you. (ex. October 14, 2014 3:15 AM)
    • After doing so, the text of date and time will be color Blue. Click the
      date and time
    • Click Add Reminder
    • Customize your reminder and then, click Remind.

By then, Cortana will now save your reminder.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

1. Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note - Similar Threads - Cortana's note doesn't

2. Notes is a simple and free note-taking application for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Notes is a simple and free note-taking application for Windows: Sometimes, we may need a quick way to write down something. Notes is a simple and free note-taking application for Windows that can be used for that. [ATTACH] The program is portable, but when you run it for the first time, the program will create an INI file to save its...
  3. save random notes/info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    save random notes/info: only requirement is it autosaves ever time you open app/soft it goes to that info/note cant be onenote cant be something you have to signin sometihing thaat opens fast perferred, not a hard requriement 146949
  4. Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows

Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows: Hello, I've had some temporarily important numbers and lists that I've been keeping in Sticky notes as of recently. I had two different categories of information, and two separate sticky notes for each. Two days ago I added a third note to the two I'd had open previously...
  5. [solved] Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note

in Cortana
    [solved] Cortana's "Take a note" doesn't save note: Cortana's "take a note" crashes after a note is either spoken or written. The screen below just closes instead of presenting me with the screen "Here is your note" and the symbol of onenote besides it. As a result, the notes aren't being saved in any onenote notebook. I've...
  6. Help| note taking app

Help| note taking app: Hi recently i bought an surface pro and im a student im using an onenote 2016 but this app have few problems i even bought the gem add in but its not helping im looking for app like notability its only for ios the biggest problem in onenote for me is i cant edit a pdf that i...
  7. Cortana fails to create note in OneNote

Cortana fails to create note in OneNote: HARDWARE: Tested with various including Surface Book, HP Envy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Book 12 OS: Windows 10 - 1803 APPS: Cortana & OneNote, all updates applied as of 8/4/2018 ISSUE: 1. Give Cortana the "new note" or "take a note" command 2. Dictate the text, e.g....
  8. Missing Music section in Cortana Notes

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Music section in Cortana Notes: Does anyone know how to add the music section in Cortana's notes. I would like to link Cortana to Spotify. [img] 109487
  9. 8Gadget Users Take Note

8Gadget Users Take Note: The "Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)" issued 12/29/2015 breaks the 8Gadgets from 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 that have been working fine since Windows 10 was released. (The...
  10. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?: I've taken to using Sticky Notes recently and love them, but today I've had them crash on me for the first time and I lost some of the notes. I'm wondering, is there some kind of modified version or something that would allow saving the notes? I don't mean saving them...