Windows 10: Cortana's Voice Activation disables my Logitech Webcam Microphone

Discus and support Cortana's Voice Activation disables my Logitech Webcam Microphone in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I've been playing around with Cortana and voice activation, but it seems it disables my microphone on my webcam Logitech C920S. I had all the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by blackeye23, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Cortana's Voice Activation disables my Logitech Webcam Microphone

Hello,

I've been playing around with Cortana and voice activation, but it seems it disables my microphone on my webcam Logitech C920S. I had all the permissions on for voice activation and online speech recognition. When I join a video conference, my microphone is either off, or extremely low. I've tested it on Zoom, and you can barely even hear my voice, as if I'm in the other room.

With some troubleshooting, I figured out what was causing it. I can keep online speech recognition on so I can use the mic to speak to Cortana. But I have to keep voice activation off, which I can't just call up Cortana with a voice command. With these settings, my mic on the webcam is back.

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎1/‎21/‎2021

OS build 19042.746

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Logitech C920S

Logitech Capture software version 2.04.13 latest

Zoom software version 5.4.9 latest

Anything work arounds for this? Would love to use Cortana's voice activation feature.

Thanks,

Joseph

:)

blackeye23, Jan 22, 2021

2. Logitech webcam microphone always on

Hi oz

Any chance you turned on "Hey Cortana". If so she is listening.

Cortana's Voice Activation disables my Logitech Webcam Microphone [​IMG]

Start > Settings > Cortana

You can also go

Start > Setting > Privacy > Microphone

Try disabling all and see if that shuts it off. If it does you can enable and then determine which app is always listening.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 22, 2021
  3. logitech webcam drivers

If only we knew what is "the problem with Logitech webcam microphones."

My Logitech C310 webcam (and its microphone) works perfectly with Zoom and Skype. I even used it to record a video with the Photos app.

(I thought maybe the
    Logitech Community Forum for webcams
    would have a description of some widespread problem with Windows 10, but alas.)

Hi BulldogXX,

Vast numbers of users are experiencing webcam microphone failures since updating to recent versions of Windows 10. Some of those users have reverted back to earlier versions of Windows 10 to fix these problems. Logitech webcams seem to be very vulnerable
    to this problem. My webcam is the Logitech C110. The video works fine, but the microphone fails. This is a commonly reported problem. Logitech provided the latest driver for my webcam, but with no effect after installing.

Regards,

Chauncey R. Black

Chauncey Black, Jan 22, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Cortana's Voice Activation disables my Logitech Webcam Microphone

logitech webcam drivers

If only we knew what is "the problem with Logitech webcam microphones."

My Logitech C310 webcam (and its microphone) works perfectly with Zoom and Skype. I even used it to record a video with the Photos app.

(I thought maybe the
    Logitech Community Forum for webcams
    would have a description of some widespread problem with Windows 10, but alas.)

BulldogXX, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Cortana's Voice Activation disables my Logitech Webcam Microphone

1. Cortana's Voice Activation disables my Logitech Webcam Microphone - Similar Threads - Cortana's Voice Activation

2. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working: Hi all, my Logitech Webcam C930e has suddenly lost all microphone function. Video feed works perfectly but audio does not. In Zoom and Teams, for example, a message appears saying "microphone not detected." This issue is a refinement of:...
  3. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working: Hi all, my Logitech Webcam C930e has suddenly lost all microphone function. Video feed works perfectly but audio does not. In Zoom and Teams, for example, a message appears saying "microphone not detected." This issue is a refinement of:...
  4. Logitech C930e webcam microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cortana voice activation took over microphone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana voice activation took over microphone!: Cortana used to pop-up mistakenly frequently, so I turned off the voice activation for some time.For some reason, I turned it on again, since then, my microphone was taken over completely!My friends can't hear my voice through voice call on any messaging app until the voice...
  6. Voice Activation in Cortana

in Cortana
    Voice Activation in Cortana: is voice activation in Cortana still un available. [Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-activation-in-cortana/2629accf-8014-4ed4-8543-ad46aa88dc27
  7. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana voice activation: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home, no voice activation for Cortana, how do I upgrade to that version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-voice-activation/99ca1c46-d378-4fb2-8f00-25c549503ede
  8. Cortana Voice Activation

in Cortana
    Cortana Voice Activation: My windows build is 19041.504 I just updated to windows 10 2004 and cortana voice activation is unavalabile, and it s says that it will be avalabile in the future updates. My language is on US and i saw on youtube that this problem was fixed in 19041.329 build, but for me...
  9. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana voice activation: Hi guys, I am trying to activate cortana by saying "cortana" is not working, mic is ok, permission is given, other than this cortana is fully functioning, but when i am saying "cortana" it did nothing. If someone knows about this problem please help. submitted by...
  10. Logitech webcam microphone always on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech webcam microphone always on: Hi, I have 1803 with the latest ups and the last time a couple of days ago I noticed something quite weird. A Logitech webcam is also attached as it always has been. Since the update the microphone is always on. Naturally only want it on when using it but cannot see what...