Windows 10: Cortona has stopped working

Discus and support Cortona has stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10Since 3-4 days Cortana search app is not working. Either I cant type or the screen and details shown don't click. Also got twice error the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Prof R KGupta, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Cortona has stopped working

Windows 10Since 3-4 days Cortana search app is not working. Either I cant type or the screen and details shown don't click. Also got twice error the screen shot of which is attached. I already ran dism restorehealth program successfully still Cortana not working I cant attach screen shot of error window as I don't see file attach feature

:)

Prof R KGupta, Mar 3, 2023

2. cortona not working

i have tried all the methods listed above win 10 is completely updated and not have any issues.

microphone works with every other feature except cortona. i tried setting up mic for windows voice recognition and it is working properly.

the thing is the layer outside of the desktop(something new in win 10) which has different mic setup is not getting input from mic.

it says windows is not not hearing you even though the bars in different program shows moving.

it the software problem i am eager to experience cortona fix expected

sanket parekh, Mar 3, 2023
  3. Cortona not working Australia

Hi Everyone,

I've a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, 64 bit version 1511 OS Build 10586.633.

I have tried to set up Cortona, but it just keeps telling me to set it up after it says all OK. I live in Australia and have my region and language set to Australian.

Speech language set to United Kingdom, or United States, it does not matter, it still won't work.

Location is set to on, as is microphone for Cortona and Edge.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Cheers

Rob

kenrob2037, Mar 3, 2023
  4. Cortona has stopped working

Cortona Stopped Working when I Played with English Language and Set to English Indian

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get Cortona working again on my Windows Phone 8.1 (developer preview)?

I am in the US and had the phone set up, naturally, for Cortona to speak English US and for the phone to have a Language Setting of English US. I then started playing with these two language setttings and set them both to English Indian just for fun/variety.
    Cortona downloaded English Indian fine. The phone started to download the text for English Indian, but seems to have stalled there for some reason. I see under phone settings for Language that English Indian is "enabled" but needs to "download". That it
    is in the mode and not downloading is one concern.

But the bigger concern is that Cortona has stopped working. When I run that app, I get the message: "I'm afraid I'm not available to help in your region with the language you've chosen." I can see that I have hit some block that is related to the international
    roll out. I get that.

I'd like to go back to my standard US settings, but I seem unable to. What I see:

1. Phone settings Language is back to English US. In that setting, I do see the English (India) info as: Speech: requires download, Keyboard: requires download. But I cannot trigger a download nor can I "Remove" this language from the settings area.

2. When I go to Cortona, I just get the message that I mentioned above, and I cannot get into any settings for Cortona. She must still think I am in India and is locking me out. The Cortona app is also pre-loaded; so I cannot delete it and start over with
    Cortona.

I seem truly snookered.

Any suggestions on how to get back to where I started with Cortona working in English US?

David

DavidC_971, Mar 3, 2023
Thema:

Cortona has stopped working

1. Cortona has stopped working - Similar Threads - Cortona has stopped

2. Cortona has stopped working

in Cortana
    Cortona has stopped working: Windows 10Since 3-4 days Cortana search app is not working. Either I cant type or the screen and details shown don't click. Also got twice error the screen shot of which is attached. I already ran dism restorehealth program successfully still Cortana not working I cant attach...
  3. Cortona has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortona has stopped working: Windows 10Since 3-4 days Cortana search app is not working. Either I cant type or the screen and details shown don't click. Also got twice error the screen shot of which is attached. I already ran dism restorehealth program successfully still Cortana not working I cant attach...
  4. Cortona

in Cortana
    Cortona: A cortona button appears briefly beside the volume button in the task bar. It disappears after a short moment of time. How do I stop it from appearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortona/89957392-a9a2-4e67-913a-9a396da8ba18
  5. Cortona: Can windows cortona be managed

in Cortana
    Cortona: Can windows cortona be managed: Dear Support, One of my client wants to know whether Cortona display of items can be customized? Eg the reminder of pending mail of meeting schedule be extended or customized user basis? Is any type of manual customization available for display as per requirement. What is...
  6. cortona

in Cortana
    cortona: I would like to know why you changed Crotona. I was able to open websites which was so convent. And I want it back! I've tried using the 3 dots and still nothing. I tried using the work "launch" instead of open and it still tells me she can't open websites. Please tell...
  7. Cortona

in Cortana
    Cortona: After updating to the Windows 10 2004 update, Cortona keeps informing me that it is not available for English Canada. I'm pretty sure this is not true. What's going on? Anything I can do about it?...
  8. cortona

in Cortana
    cortona: yes i was wondering if you can change cortonas voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortona/57a18994-d642-4808-a9be-70732ba50455
  9. Cortona

in Cortana
    Cortona: Hi, Is Cortona able to be used by a person aged 14? I tried but it says minor. But when switched my brithday so that I am 19. It worked. So are minors allowed to use it if over 13?...
  10. Cortona not working Australia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortona not working Australia: Hi Everyone, I've a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, 64 bit version 1511 OS Build 10586.633. I have tried to set up Cortona, but it just keeps telling me to set it up after it says all OK. I live in Australia and have my region and language set to Australian. Speech...