Windows 10: Cortona search window shows only an outline

Discus and support Cortona search window shows only an outline in Cortana to solve the problem; This condition has come, gone, and returned on its own. When I click Cortona's magnifying-glass icon, instead of seeing the standard Cortona window,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by r.g.r., Dec 27, 2020.

1. r.g.r. Win User

Cortona search window shows only an outline

This condition has come, gone, and returned on its own. When I click Cortona's magnifying-glass icon, instead of seeing the standard Cortona window, where I can type, I get only a faint outlineof where that window would appear, as designated by the arrows. Suggestions?

Cortona search window shows only an outline a569f439-d66d-434f-af72-aed380940eb6?upload=true.jpg

:)

r.g.r., Dec 27, 2020

2. Cortona

Cortona is not showing on the search option. How to activate Cortona?

I am using windows 10 anniversary version on my laptop.

SUBHA MUKHERJEE, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Black outlines of floating windows

Hi Nathan,

The issue might occur due to corrupted display drivers or incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to update display drivers from device manager and check if it helps.

To update the drivers, follow the steps below.

• Type “Device Manager” in search box and press Enter.

• Right click on the drivers for Display and Touchscreen and select Update.

• Follow the on-screen prompts to update.
    Please get back to us with the results in regards with black outline
    dragged windows around on the desktop after and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating systems. We are happy to assist.

Regards,
    Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 27, 2020
  4. JackPlatt Win User

Cortona Anniversery Update Questions on Windows 10?

Greetings,

I understand that Cortona will now be the default search box in Windows 10 and will not be able to be turned off in the forthcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update. In Fig 1 (below) if a user turns off the "Cortona can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders,
    alerts and more" switch to off. What will that do in regards to the new search system? Or is this image for the current 1511 build and not applicable?

Furthermore, can a control list and explanations be provided for what users will be able to manage concerning Cortona's settings and results with the forthcoming Anniversary update?

Jack

Cortona search window shows only an outline ee318b72-eb6e-4a24-9fd8-0941e53093f7.jpg

JackPlatt, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Cortona search window shows only an outline - Similar Threads - Cortona search window

2. Selecting only gives me outlines

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selecting only gives me outlines: [IMG] submitted by /u/PaperrBagboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vw7lp3/selecting_only_gives_me_outlines/
  3. Cortona

in Cortana
    Cortona: A cortona button appears briefly beside the volume button in the task bar. It disappears after a short moment of time. How do I stop it from appearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortona/89957392-a9a2-4e67-913a-9a396da8ba18
  4. Cortona: Can windows cortona be managed

in Cortana
    Cortona: Can windows cortona be managed: Dear Support, One of my client wants to know whether Cortona display of items can be customized? Eg the reminder of pending mail of meeting schedule be extended or customized user basis? Is any type of manual customization available for display as per requirement. What is...
  5. Windows Search black outline around results

in Cortana
    Windows Search black outline around results: Yesterday I noticed that the top result when using Windows Search always has a black outline around it screenshot below. I don't have narrator or focus enabled. I think it was introduced in a very recent update because it didn't have that outline before and the search build...
  6. cortona

in Cortana
    cortona: I would like to know why you changed Crotona. I was able to open websites which was so convent. And I want it back! I've tried using the 3 dots and still nothing. I tried using the work "launch" instead of open and it still tells me she can't open websites. Please tell...
  7. Cortona

in Cortana
    Cortona: After updating to the Windows 10 2004 update, Cortona keeps informing me that it is not available for English Canada. I'm pretty sure this is not true. What's going on? Anything I can do about it?...
  8. cortona

in Cortana
    cortona: yes i was wondering if you can change cortonas voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortona/57a18994-d642-4808-a9be-70732ba50455
  9. Cortona

in Cortana
    Cortona: Hi, Is Cortona able to be used by a person aged 14? I tried but it says minor. But when switched my brithday so that I am 19. It worked. So are minors allowed to use it if over 13?...
  10. Application windows only showing the outline when moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Application windows only showing the outline when moving: So this is really hard to explain so maybe my image will clear any confusions. Btw when Im talking about windows Im not talking about the OS Im talking about the applications like Google Chrome window, file explorer window, etc. So my problem is when I move a window from one...