Windows 10: Cortona Spotify

Discus and support Cortona Spotify in Cortana to solve the problem; hello. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to use the Cortana voice command to open and play Spotify, even if it can only open Spotify that is... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Austinshort119, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Cortona Spotify

hello. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to use the Cortana voice command to open and play Spotify, even if it can only open Spotify that is fine. before anyone replies do not say open Cortana notebook and go to music sub section because that's not a thing/ option also setting the default will not work, someone also said to go to grove music and select "port playlist to Spotify or something like that but that's not an option for me to even chose in the first place.

:)

Austinshort119, Jun 10, 2019

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Unable to integrate Cortana with Spotify.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be when app feature do not work the way they supposed to. However, could you please let us know from where you got the Spotify app?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Settings > Time & Language.
    2. Click on Region & Language.
    3. Check if country and language is set to United States and
      English (United States).
    4. Then set up Cortana again.
    5. Log out from your Spotify account and log in again.
    6. Then try integrating Cortana with
      Spotify and check.

We would also suggest you to run troubleshoot for Microsoft Store Apps if you have installed the app from Microsoft Store by referring to

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

You may also want to refer
    Fix problems with the Start menu or Cortana for details

Data Loss Disclaimer: While performing
    Reset your PC steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Cortona Spotify

Cortana to play Spotify instead of Groove

Hi,

Spotify is a digital music streaming app that gives you access to millions of songs, podcasts and videos from artists all over the world. To play music with Spotify, just connect Cortana to a Spotify Premium account. Here's how to connect your Spotify account
    to Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Select Notebook , then Music.
    • Choose Spotify, and enter your account information. Or, create an account.

If the above solution did not solve your concern, we suggest to check out this
    help site for answers to your questions and to learn how to get the most out of Spotify and your music.

Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Cortona Spotify

1. Cortona Spotify - Similar Threads - Cortona Spotify

2. When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...

in Cortana
    When I ask Cortana to play any song in spotify, the app is just opened but the song is not...: Whenever I ask Cortana to play any song or specific song by an artist on Spotify, then it just opens the Spotify app but doesn't play the music. Then nothing happens in the app and I have to do it manually. I am facing this from a few days. It was alright before. Can anything...
  3. cortona is flashing and jumping about how do i stop it i am not a computer expert a simple...

in Cortana
    cortona is flashing and jumping about how do i stop it i am not a computer expert a simple...: how do I stop the Cortona flashing and jumping about it is irritating I am not a computer nerd simpleexplanation please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortona-is-flashing-and-jumping-about-how-do-i/89748de6-26aa-410c-b353-02116a0a68b1"
  4. Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.

in Cortana
    Cortana opens but does not play spotify request.: Cortana opens but does not play Spotify song or playlist request without additional "Cortana Play" command after Spotify opens in song paused mode. I have the latest Windows 10 and the latest Spotify This used to work...what gives? Can't find a solution in threads so...
  5. How to turn off Cortona Speakers.

in Cortana
    How to turn off Cortona Speakers.: Did a Troubleshooter and accidentally turned on the SPEAKERS. How do I turn them back off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-cortona-speakers/7496ce6d-3653-41ee-8d7d-c39aff61e7d9"
  6. How to I report a problem with "Ask Help" or Cortona?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to I report a problem with "Ask Help" or Cortona?: Dear Microsoft, How do I report a problem with the AI for Ask Help? A lot of times, I ask it questions that it does not seem to understand the full phrasing for. P.S. Ask help is a windows app right? or should I put this under Cortana?...
  7. Turning off CORTONA

in Cortana
    Turning off CORTONA: HOW DO I TURN OFF CORTONA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-off-cortona/f29a74e9-1565-4e84-af75-89440f0021dc"
  8. How to prevent Cortona processes from running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Cortona processes from running: I have Windows 10, and have disabled its processes before so they don't run. I can kill them in task manager, but want to prevent them from running entirely yet again. MS re-enables Cortana on every update, and has made it harder to disable in its entirety. I do not want...
  9. Windows Start Menu search and Cortona not working, Outlook can't connect to server, all...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Start Menu search and Cortona not working, Outlook can't connect to server, all...: I am not really sure what is the exact cause of this issue, however, I can explain what triggers the issues and it's symptoms. Symptoms: Whenever I see the following issues, the only resolution is to reboot the PC . Start Menu search stop workings. Whenever I press pull...
  10. Cortona not working Australia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortona not working Australia: Hi Everyone, I've a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, 64 bit version 1511 OS Build 10586.633. I have tried to set up Cortona, but it just keeps telling me to set it up after it says all OK. I live in Australia and have my region and language set to Australian. Speech...