Windows 10: Could a battery that needs replaced be preventing a factory reset

Discus and support Could a battery that needs replaced be preventing a factory reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a dell inspiron. I've tried to do a factory reset a few times but every time I get the message "there was a problem resetting your pc. no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/orangesodagrape, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Could a battery that needs replaced be preventing a factory reset

I have a dell inspiron. I've tried to do a factory reset a few times but every time I get the message "there was a problem resetting your pc. no changes were made." I also have a battery that my laptop has been telling me to replace, it has to stay plugged in to stay on right now. I'm wondering if that could be what's preventing my factory restore. Thank you to anyone reading.

submitted by /u/orangesodagrape
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/orangesodagrape, Apr 14, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Could a battery that needs replaced be preventing a factory reset pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Could a battery that needs replaced be preventing a factory reset pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Could a battery that needs replaced be preventing a factory reset

Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Could a battery that needs replaced be preventing a factory reset

1. Could a battery that needs replaced be preventing a factory reset - Similar Threads - battery needs replaced

2. Factory resetting prevents pairing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory resetting prevents pairing?: I've factory reset my PC new PC because there were some issues with finding my DNS server. Just for a new problem to arise. My mouse now can't pair with the computer and is marked as an unknown device. I think that it could be because it was still paired during the reset....
  3. Factory resetting prevents pairing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory resetting prevents pairing?: I've factory reset my PC new PC because there were some issues with finding my DNS server. Just for a new problem to arise. My mouse now can't pair with the computer and is marked as an unknown device. I think that it could be because it was still paired during the reset....
  4. Factory reset “could not find recovery environment”

Factory reset “could not find recovery environment”: I need to do a full reset/factory reset on my windows 11 computer, I cant login otherwise a “virus” will trigger and i cant move my mouse of type anything, safe-mode works just fine, but if i try to reset my pc in safe mode it says “could not find the recovery environment”...
  5. Could I get help with a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Could I get help with a factory reset?: My friend gifted me her tablet but it is connected to her company. She forgot her credentials to login. I tried the hold shift key and press the power button to restart but I also don’t have the recovery key. Is there anyway to reset the whole thing and have it disconnect...
  6. Could I get help with a factory reset?

Could I get help with a factory reset?: My friend gifted me her tablet but it is connected to her company. She forgot her credentials to login. I tried the hold shift key and press the power button to restart but I also don’t have the recovery key. Is there anyway to reset the whole thing and have it disconnect...
  7. Does Factory Reset help in preventing BSODS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does Factory Reset help in preventing BSODS: Hi! My laptop has been crashing frequently recently, sometimes when I open a game. But frequently, It happens when I open a photo in messenger.com I'm not sure what caused this but it has been pretty bad recently. Sometimes when I power up after a crash, my audio output...
  8. "Your battery needs replaced"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Your battery needs replaced": My aunt (in-law) sent me her laptop because a computer retail store with computer repair services told her the battery needed replaced. I don't know if they specified a part number for her to order or not but she ordered a new main power battery and then went round and round...
  9. Need help to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to factory reset: Hi my laptop today for some random reason crashed. When i try to turn it back on it constantly gives me the blue screen error message. When i try to factory reset it, it gives me a message saying not enough storage space. I've tried every single reset option none of them...
  10. Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things: Hello, i have a desktop lenovo running windows 10. Ive set a uefi/bios password on there (not clear on the difference) my hope is to prevent resets to factory settings. The end goal being to maintain the integrity of the admin account on the computer. However, it doesnt...