Windows 10: Could an old Windows build cause GPU issues?

Discus and support Could an old Windows build cause GPU issues? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my GPU (1070 Max Q on a MSI GS65 laptop) recently failed and shows a code 43 error in device manager. Tried all kinds of reinstalling drivers to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrchensta, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Could an old Windows build cause GPU issues?

So my GPU (1070 Max Q on a MSI GS65 laptop) recently failed and shows a code 43 error in device manager. Tried all kinds of reinstalling drivers to no avail. Had a chat with a MSI rep, and he asked me for my windows build. The OS build is 18362.900, which he said is very old. I was quite confused, as I always updated windows when it told me. He told me that I need to do a manual update via the Media Creation tool.

Just checking with you guys here, is that a good thing to do? I have always thought the windows regular updates I do would of kept it up to date....

submitted by /u/mrchensta
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrchensta, Jul 3, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 3, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.5 causing crashes on load up

Any chance you could narrow it down to which running application causes GPU-Z to crash? Ideally steps to reproduce for me here.

W1zzard, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Could an old Windows build cause GPU issues?

Major BUG: GPU-Z causes Windows 10 PC to hard lock

I am a proud beta tester of GPU-Z! Also, I have suggested many features/new functions over the years, many of which were implemented by GPU-Z author. *Smile Could an old Windows build cause GPU issues? :)
    So, I like GPU-Z and do not want to use anything else for this.

Could be not GPU-Z, in fact. Maybe a combination of those latest AMD Radeon drivers+my Windows 10 being Insider Preview.
    MY Windows 10 OS is the Insider Preview kind, maybe I should have mentioned that.

RE Core Temp, I have translated it into Bulgarian, and also suggested some new features, implemented by author (for Core Temp, just a few - less than those I suggested for GPU-Z). *Smile Could an old Windows build cause GPU issues? :)
    So, likewise I like it and do not want to stop using it. *Wink Could an old Windows build cause GPU issues? ;)

Naki, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Could an old Windows build cause GPU issues?

1. Could an old Windows build cause GPU issues? - Similar Threads - old build cause

2. Could this be a GPU Hardware issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Could this be a GPU Hardware issue.: I notice some faults recently.IBUYPOWER PrebuildCPU - i5 9400fRam - 8 GBGPU - RTX 2060 6gb MB - Asrock B360m IB-R 1I notice some pixels are flickering on my monitor. I made sure it's not the monitor by pluging other devices into it and it work fine, no flickering. I plug the...
  3. Could this be a GPU Hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could this be a GPU Hardware issue.: I notice some faults recently.IBUYPOWER PrebuildCPU - i5 9400fRam - 8 GBGPU - RTX 2060 6gb MB - Asrock B360m IB-R 1I notice some pixels are flickering on my monitor. I made sure it's not the monitor by pluging other devices into it and it work fine, no flickering. I plug the...
  4. Could this be a GPU Hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Old SID causing issues with file permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old SID causing issues with file permissions: I've been dealing with a problem where Dropbox is not able to sync certain files. I thought this might be an issue with Dropbox but found it is likely an issue with an old user profile on my machine.There are certain files that are unable to sync, open, edit, etc.....
  6. Old SID causing issues with file permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old SID causing issues with file permissions: I've been dealing with a problem where Dropbox is not able to sync certain files. I thought this might be an issue with Dropbox but found it is likely an issue with an old user profile on my machine.There are certain files that are unable to sync, open, edit, etc.....
  7. Your Phone app causing issue with GPU

Your Phone app causing issue with GPU: Hi Community, I have switched your phone app off from running in the background but it keeps constantly popping up on my GPU's activity. Why is this so when I haven't even signed up for the app? Faithfully from GTX 1660ti [Original Title: Your Phone app]...
  8. NVIDIA OLD GPU BSOD ND FREEZING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA OLD GPU BSOD ND FREEZING ISSUE: HII .. this is my first post so i dont know much but its been a moth im facing issue with my pc . whenever i start my pc it freezes each nd everytime everything freezes even the lights of keyboad nd mouse ....i can successfully boot into safe mode...nd found that its nvidia...
  9. What could be causing this keyboard shortcut issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What could be causing this keyboard shortcut issue?: I can't ctrl-shift-escape to bring up task manager if i use the left ctrl or left shift. I can do it find using any combination of left and right keys. I can see on keyboard testers that the inputs are working so it's obviously not the left side keys being broken or...
  10. 1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build

1903 Build causing issues on Ryzen build: So first of all my PC was running great before I updated to this 1903 build. But decided to update cause I wanted to try out this XBL Game Pass for PC and attempts at updating with 1803 installed kept throwing some error message at me about permissions. So I figured I'd just...