Windows 10: Could anyone help me with this? The search bar crashes.

Discus and support Could anyone help me with this? The search bar crashes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I click the search bar to type in something, it lets me type 1 or 2 letters, then it just closes. I cannot click anything in the search menu thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SoltiKeve, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Could anyone help me with this? The search bar crashes.

When I click the search bar to type in something, it lets me type 1 or 2 letters, then it just closes. I cannot click anything in the search menu thing either. It also just turn black sometimes. The OS Build is 19024.804

submitted by /u/SoltiKeve
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SoltiKeve, Feb 19, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Could anyone help me with this? The search bar crashes.

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Could anyone help me with this? The search bar crashes.

1. Could anyone help me with this? The search bar crashes. - Similar Threads - anyone help search

2. Could anyone help me solving this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could anyone help me solving this problem?: Hi,i have a problem with my internet speed that when i play on my pc or dowloading anything the speed is ok natural then suddenly the speed goes down and my ping goes 400+ for around 7 to 10 seconds then it goes natural . I dont know what to do so could anyone help me solving...
  3. Could anyone help me solving this problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could anyone help me solving this problem?: Hi,i have a problem with my internet speed that when i play on my pc or dowloading anything the speed is ok natural then suddenly the speed goes down and my ping goes 400+ for around 7 to 10 seconds then it goes natural . I dont know what to do so could anyone help me solving...
  4. Could anyone help me solve my 0xc000007b issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could anyone help me solve my 0xc000007b issue?: I'm trying to run Assassin's Creed Syndicate and I keep getting the aforementioned error. I've tried everything, installed all the runtimes, Directx, C++ redists etc, ran sfc /scannow, and I've been messing around with .dll files all day. I want to solve this issue once and...
  5. Could anyone help me solve my 0xc000007b issue?

Could anyone help me solve my 0xc000007b issue?: I'm trying to run Assassin's Creed Syndicate and I keep getting the aforementioned error. I've tried everything, installed all the runtimes, Directx, C++ redists etc, ran sfc /scannow, and I've been messing around with .dll files all day. I want to solve this issue once and...
  6. Could anyone help me track the reason of my BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could anyone help me track the reason of my BSOD?: Ive been having this issue for a few days when trying to play games. I tried reinstalling windows, updating everything, checked my RAM and I don't exactly know what else to check for.This is what I got from the minidump that I checked but have no idea what any of that means....
  7. Could anyone help me track the reason of my BSOD?

Could anyone help me track the reason of my BSOD?: Ive been having this issue for a few days when trying to play games. I tried reinstalling windows, updating everything, checked my RAM and I don't exactly know what else to check for.This is what I got from the minidump that I checked but have no idea what any of that means....
  8. search bar is crashing

in Cortana
    search bar is crashing: Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help....
  9. Anyone could help me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone could help me?: Ok so just today I was going to upload a image to a programme and when it opened the files it closed. I have checked if I had a update missing but no, I tried on other programmes but it closed too. Apologies for the bad grammar submitted by /u/1vider1 [link]...
  10. Could anyone help me? (Windows 10 installation problems)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could anyone help me? (Windows 10 installation problems): I have linux installed right now on a surface pro 4 and I was wondering how to install windows 10 agian? I've tried installing windows but it has not worked. I've tried many fourms but none have helped. Could anyone help me? submitted by /u/USECODELAZAR114 [link]...