Windows 10: could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds?

Discus and support could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Minecraft bedrock on my laptop, and it crashes all the time, no matter what. I've also noticed lots of lag, even on the lowest settings on java... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SandyPlayz86, Jun 5, 2020.

1. could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds?

I have Minecraft bedrock on my laptop, and it crashes all the time, no matter what.

I've also noticed lots of lag, even on the lowest settings on java & bedrcock.

I've got a 2015 Toshiba satellite c55-b5100 and, well.

Lets say, the hard drive is kind of slow and old, 5 years old anyways.

Would getting a SSD help with the crashing problems?

If so, are there good and reliable, but cheap SSDs I can get on amazon under $60?

If not, what is the cheapest option for a high performance laptop?

I found one for $400 on walmart, the motile 14, but people say the bios is messed up.

If you have any cheaper options, pls tell me.

:)

SandyPlayz86, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Yves0105 Win User
    External HDD can't be read completely and causes lag

good day. i have a toshiba canvio 3.0 1tb that can be read by my laptop. the long story is my ehdd had bad sectors and causes corruption in my files thus i formatted it. After a while i wen into an internet cafe to copy some games after going back to my house and plugging it in my laptop it doesn't stop loading and thus cannot be opened i cant detect it from disk management too since file explorer can't be load by it either ill post some screenshots.

could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds? [​IMG]

edit: chkdsk in drive E: can't even continue

Yves0105, Jun 5, 2020
  4. could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds?

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this?

Kristian Lyngshede Lund, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds?

1. could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds? - Similar Threads - game lag sometimes

2. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: Hello to everyone Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such problem before, then there was such a problem, how can I solve it 178342
  3. RANDOM read and write speeds too low

RANDOM read and write speeds too low: Two USB 3.0 drives and a USB 3.0 flash drive have reasonable to good sequential read and write speeds. But the RANDOM write and write speeds are awful, up to 200 times slower than the sequental speeds. I test with DiskMark from CrystalDiskMark. I tested both with drives...
  4. Hard Disk Repair, Write Speed, Reading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Disk Repair, Write Speed, Reading: Hello, God, I have a 1000 GB hard drive and it's hard to go, that if I copy the data on it, it's copying hard enough. Do you know any solution to increase writing, reading, optimization, etc.? Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  5. Low read/write speeds on a new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low read/write speeds on a new laptop: Hi all, I just purchased an asus laptop for school and gaming barely 5 months ago, recently I've noticed the disk usage spiking to 100% I have tried reinstalling windows, editing sections of the registry, disabling services, but nothing has fixed my issue. My hard drive...
  6. Read and write speed

Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Slow HDD read and write speeds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow HDD read and write speeds: Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-hdd-read-and-write-speeds/ef724e8b-5a8d-46f7-9e41-8073d3692146
  8. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...
  9. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...
  10. External HDD can't be read completely and causes lag

External HDD can't be read completely and causes lag: good day. i have a toshiba canvio 3.0 1tb that can be read by my laptop. the long story is my ehdd had bad sectors and causes corruption in my files thus i formatted it. After a while i wen into an internet cafe to copy some games after going back to my house and plugging it...