Windows 10: Could I exchange my minecraft java account for a minecraft windows 10 copy?

Discus and support Could I exchange my minecraft java account for a minecraft windows 10 copy? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought minecraft java edition literally today. I thought that if I got it, a free copy of the win 10 edition would be available. After purchasing it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AlbertoGuadalupe2, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Could I exchange my minecraft java account for a minecraft windows 10 copy?

I bought minecraft java edition literally today. I thought that if I got it, a free copy of the win 10 edition would be available. After purchasing it and finding out that the offer is no longer available, I was upset. I really want the windows 10 edition to play with friends easily and I've heard that it runs smoother, which is excelent because my computer is a potato.

Anyways. I dont want to waste another 30 bucks getting another copy, so isn't there a way of exchanging my newly obtained java account for a minecraft windows 10 edition?

Please... I feel like I've thrown 30 bucks in the trash by buying the java edition. It's not that its bad, just not what I was initially looking for. I just thought I'd get both of them for 30 bucks. I thought wrong.

So please, is there a way to exchange them?

:)

AlbertoGuadalupe2, Sep 17, 2019

2. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Joey99x Win User
    Joey99x, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Could I exchange my minecraft java account for a minecraft windows 10 copy?

Minecraft Java and Windows 10 version

Hi

My name is Lee; an Independent Consultant, I'm here to help you with your problem.

Here is the steps

Is Minecraft for Windows 10 included with the purchase of Minecraft: Java Edition?

Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Log into account.mojang.com, and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift
    code. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after October 19th, 2018, the button will not be there, so if you’re unsure of when you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, that’s a good way to check. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to
    a Microsoft redemption page.

If you have an older Minecraft account (you still log in with your username), visit this article to find out about account migration. Once you’ve migrated your account, you will be able to claim a code for Minecraft for Windows 10.

You must be signed into a Microsoft/Xbox Live account in order to redeem the code. Please note that you cannot move the license once the code has been redeemed. Your code is saved on your Mojang account page for future reference.

Reference :
    https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/arti...

Thanks

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

LEE QICHENG, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Could I exchange my minecraft java account for a minecraft windows 10 copy?

1. Could I exchange my minecraft java account for a minecraft windows 10 copy? - Similar Threads - exchange minecraft java

2. Minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft java: Im having a problem where no matter how many times i reinstall minecraft or reset or repair it it just doesnt work , i use the Gamepass to play minecraft , Both java and my graphic drivers are up to date and i have tried running as administrator...
  3. Minecraft windows 10/ Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10/ Java: Can you exchange Minecraft windows 10 for Mincraft Java? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-java/bb430308-fcba-4239-b2b7-2bdc8f45cb43
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 Merging with Java Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Merging with Java Account: You're probably wondering why I'm not contacting Mojang about this question, but after 2 weeks of receiving no response from my support request of a compromised account I have decided to ask this question here, since it seems that I can't rely on them for anything it seems....
  5. Minecraft Java account issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java account issues: I have played minecraft on every other console using my microsoft account and have had no issues whatsoever. I recently bought Minecraft Java edition for the advanced servers. I was logged into my microsoft Minecraft account and tried to play a few different popular servers...
  6. Minecraft JAVA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft JAVA: So me and my brother have been trying to play Minecraft lan for a long time now and when I open the world to lan i just doesn't show up on his computer but when we make world on our iMac it does show up on his computer to connect to also when i try to connect to his realm my...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 and Minecraft Java Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 and Minecraft Java Edition: I own Minecraft Windows 10, if I buy Minecraft Java Edition, what will happen to my worlds created with Minecraft Windows 10? Will they be erased? Thanks....
  8. minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft java: Hi, I downloaded Minecraft for windows 10 thinking it was java edition. once downloaded I later found out that it was not java and cannot download java edition bc I cannot seem to figure out how to get rid of the windows 10 off of my computer. When I click on redeem code and...
  9. Can I switch minecraft window 10 to minecraft java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I switch minecraft window 10 to minecraft java: I am not sure but can you switch minecraft window 10 to minecraft java? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-switch-minecraft-window-10-to-minecraft-java/b110759a-ccb5-4ef9-99a0-0cf407f57e84
  10. Minecraft Java or Minecraft Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java or Minecraft Window 10: Hiya, I seem to have bought the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft except I can't play on any servers or change my version because of this and I don't really want to pay another $40 as I have to pay for it and it is just a pain because there is a server I've been wanting to...