Windows 10: Could i get a simple awnser on how to disable Winkey+C cortana button, ive had enough of...

Discus and support Could i get a simple awnser on how to disable Winkey+C cortana button, ive had enough of... in Cortana to solve the problem; i already disabled the shortcut by pressing the 3 dots on the sign in cortana menu, but that doesnt work, why do all of these things have to not work,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by kruplin_warrior, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Could i get a simple awnser on how to disable Winkey+C cortana button, ive had enough of...

i already disabled the shortcut by pressing the 3 dots on the sign in cortana menu, but that doesnt work, why do all of these things have to not work, why can these things just work?

:)

kruplin_warrior, Jan 31, 2021

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 31, 2021
  3. How do I setup Cortana in India?

Hello Anup,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and also for your interest in Windows 10. I understand that you want to try out the new Cortana feature in Windows 10 and I am glad to assist you.

Follow these simple steps first. After enabling it, you’ll need to set it up with your basic information.

Step 1:

• Open Settings on your computer. Press WinKey + I to quickly open settings.
    • In there, choose Time & Language category.
    • from the left-hand menu, choose “Region and Language”.
    • In the Region and Language settings, change your region to “United States” and make sure the language is set to English at the option below it.
    • After successfully completing this, Cortana will be activated on your computer.
    Step 2:

After you have successfully enabled Cortana on your computer, you need to set it up. Follow these steps to set up Cortana on your computer.

• Click on your search icon in the taskbar and choose settings icon from the left.
    • Here, toggle the on-off button
    • Click on Next at the bottom and finally Agree after reading the terms and conditions.
    • Now, provide a name that you want it to call you and you’re done
    Quick Tip: If you want to access Cortana quickly, press
    WinKey + C
    on your keyboard. It will activate it quickly.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 31, 2021
  4. borate Win User

Could i get a simple awnser on how to disable Winkey+C cortana button, ive had enough of...

Change WinKey function

In the registry, is it possible to change WinKey+Shift+C to WinKey+C? (Launches Cortana in voice mode.)

No, SnapKey is not capable of doing this.

borate, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Could i get a simple awnser on how to disable Winkey+C cortana button, ive had enough of...

1. Could i get a simple awnser on how to disable Winkey+C cortana button, ive had enough of... - Similar Threads - simple awnser disable

2. Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut

in Cortana
    Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut: I am trying to re-map a "mic" key on my keyboard that used to be used to pull up Cortana. When I try and do so it says that the key that is being pressed is "Windows+C". I am unable to disable the shortcut in Cortana because it says that it has depreciated. How can I disable...
  3. Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut: I am trying to re-map a "mic" key on my keyboard that used to be used to pull up Cortana. When I try and do so it says that the key that is being pressed is "Windows+C". I am unable to disable the shortcut in Cortana because it says that it has depreciated. How can I disable...
  4. Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to disable cortana

in Cortana
    how to disable cortana: how to disable cortana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-cortana/a68b20be-a29d-4b1e-b9f5-15ba5454db6c
  6. Ive had about enough with the bluetooth problems on the Elite series 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ive had about enough with the bluetooth problems on the Elite series 2: You can go even go back to the launch week in Nov 2019 and find threads exactly like the issue i am having now nearly a year and half later almost word for word --https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/drlsv0/elite_controller_series_2_bluetooth_issue/f6jxlil/ Over and over...
  7. how to disable cortana?

in Cortana
    how to disable cortana?: i noticed a few weeks ago that every time i go where i used to be able to search files i get the cortana voice. How do it get back file explorer and disable cortana? TY...
  8. How I disable Windows Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I disable Windows Cortana?: Windows 10 Home v1909 OS build 18363.592 Hello, I disable it when I was installing Windows 10 in my HDD i have try to disable it from Windows Settings I have try to disable with ShutUp10 v1.7.1405 Maybe with an new rule in EIS (HIPS)? Thanks [img] [img] 148736
  9. How can i disable cortana?

in Cortana
    How can i disable cortana?: I don't use cortana that much. Only windows search. How can i disable cortana..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-cortana/abce115b-dd85-4eb7-81dc-7f2b22251a85"
  10. How do I disable WinKey + Arrow preview?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable WinKey + Arrow preview?: I use the WinKey + Arrows to move or resize open windows to half of the screen (left or right side). It's always been quick and easy. However with the upgrade to Windows 10, I now get a thumbnail of other windows that are open (in the picture provided - they are the two...