Windows 10: Could I switch to another user when I login to window using my user account?

Discus and support Could I switch to another user when I login to window using my user account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am a newbie, and I would like to get your helps and expertise regarding switching user inside window. If I login to window using user... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by minhTR, Aug 18, 2020.

1. minhTR Win User

Could I switch to another user when I login to window using my user account?

Hello,

I am a newbie, and I would like to get your helps and expertise regarding switching user inside window.
    If I login to window using user account, let's say X. When I am inside Window as X, could I switch my user account into Y?

The reason why I need to try it because I have another application on the internet which requires me to login as Y.

Thanks!

:)

minhTR, Aug 18, 2020

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 19, 2020
  3. marknyy Win User
    Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Could I switch to another user when I login to window using my user account? - Similar Threads - switch another user

2. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in: I turn the laptop and log in to my account, when I click on accounts, it shows that the other account is signed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-login-to-my-user-account-it-says-that/37597e89-b43e-4961-9888-96c64f77dc6d
  3. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in: I turn the laptop and log in to my account, when I click on accounts, it shows that the other account is signed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-login-to-my-user-account-it-says-that/37597e89-b43e-4961-9888-96c64f77dc6d
  4. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can’t login and switch users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t login and switch users: I have problem that I can’t login to my user it’s says The user profile Service service failed the sign in The user profile cannot be loaded. but I don’t care much about this user account what brings me here that I don’t have access to my other user account there must be a...
  6. I can’t login and switch users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t login and switch users: I have problem that I can’t login to my user it’s says The user profile Service service failed the sign in The user profile cannot be loaded. but I don’t care much about this user account what brings me here that I don’t have access to my other user account there must be a...
  7. switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,: hi I was wondering if it's possible to switch what Microsoft account i use on my windows desktop account as i don't want to go through the pain of losing all my files and having to reinstall all my steam games. also will my windows key activated on this pc but also...
  8. Another users is using this account

Another users is using this account: Ok so I have a local account thier a couple of users on my pc that I only use. My gaming account and my main account but I had an issue with the users folders because it wasn't the name of my microsoft email address that I use for normal non gaming things. So I go to...
  9. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I tried to use my Microsoft Account on my laptop but received a message that error msg. What is going on? I am the only user of this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-user-uses-this-microsoft-account/f9b2db60-751b-4661-8e5e-61e9d9c0a9dd
  10. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I was simply trying to switch to using a Microsoft Account on my Surface 3 and got the "another user uses this Microsoft account" error message. The thing that puzzles me is I do not have any other users on that device, period. What gives?...