Windows 10: Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter?

Discus and support Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Home OEM licenses PC, and I need Windows 10 Pro version. And I know I can buy an upgrade license not a full windows 10 pro retail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Minh_089809, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter?

I have a Windows 10 Home OEM licenses PC, and I need Windows 10 Pro version. And I know I can buy an upgrade license not a full windows 10 pro retail license, only function to upgrade Home version to pro version. The question is can I transfer this license? For example:1. Now old PC Window 10 home OEM+upgrade license=Windows 10 Pro; new PC Windows 10 Home OEM2. Transfer upgrade license; now Old PC back to Windows 10 Home OEM, new PC Windows 10 Home OEM + old PC's upgrade license = Windows 10 Pro Is it practicable?Also, Could I move back to Windows 10 Home OEM licenses if I covered it with th

:)

Minh_089809, Jan 25, 2022
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Transfer upgraded WIN10 Pro license to new PC

I authored that article, the answer is yes, you are entitled to a one time transfer.

But, in order to transfer the Windows 10 Pro to your new laptop, you will need to sign in with your Microsoft Account or initially upgrade it using a Windows 10 Pro diagnostics key then reactivate using your Windows 7 Professional key.

Step 1:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the following default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Review instructions how to perform an Easy Upgrade using the default key:

How
    to Perform an Easy Upgrade in Windows 10

After upgrading, proceed to enter the Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate or Windows 8 Pro product key.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

Step 2:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat
    Support

Andre Da Costa, Jan 25, 2022
  4. krimetal Win User

Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter?

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter?

1. Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter? - Similar Threads - trainsfer pro upgrade

2. Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be...: Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be used to other computer ?Do not make me share my laptops info I think it is not adequate , nonsense to ask for that for to answer this question !...
  3. Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be...: Windows 11 Home FPP upgraded to Pro ... What happens to the Home license ? Could it be used to other computer ?Do not make me share my laptops info I think it is not adequate , nonsense to ask for that for to answer this question !...
  4. How could I buy windows 11 pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How could I buy windows 11 pro license: During checkout there is nothing to select PayPal account as a payment method while my PayPal is already linked with Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-could-i-buy-windows-11-pro-license/ef4568fb-e4b8-4a14-a2fc-2044fa2c6923
  5. How could I buy windows 11 pro license

How could I buy windows 11 pro license: During checkout there is nothing to select PayPal account as a payment method while my PayPal is already linked with Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-could-i-buy-windows-11-pro-license/ef4568fb-e4b8-4a14-a2fc-2044fa2c6923
  6. Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter?: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM licenses PC, and I need Windows 10 Pro version. And I know I can buy an upgrade license not a full windows 10 pro retail license, only function to upgrade Home version to pro version. The question is can I transfer this license? For example:1. Now...
  7. Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter?

Could I trainsfer the windows pro upgrade licenses to a new compurter?: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM licenses PC, and I need Windows 10 Pro version. And I know I can buy an upgrade license not a full windows 10 pro retail license, only function to upgrade Home version to pro version. The question is can I transfer this license? For example:1. Now...
  8. Windows 10 Pro upgrade license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade license: I just bought a new computer with an OEM license for Windows 10 Home, and 'm planning to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the $99 upgrade in Windows Store. After I upgrade, will the new Windows 10 Pro license be an OEM license tied to the motherboard or a retail license tied...
  9. Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine: I bought a Surface Pro 7 i5 and paid the $99 to upgrade to Windows Pro. After a few weeks I decided I wanted to return it and get the i7 instead. I can't figure out how to migrate the Windows Pro upgrade to the new machine though. Do I really need to pay $99 again?...
  10. windows 10 pro upgrade could not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro upgrade could not install: i bought windows 10 pro upgrade from Microsoft store 3/16/2020 but it could not get it to install and I don't see anyway to try the install again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-upgrade-could-not-install/209a2746-cfbb-4a81-9ca9-0cfdb1b2045f