Windows 10: Could I use a bluetooth camera remote to give left/right mouse clicks?

Discus and support Could I use a bluetooth camera remote to give left/right mouse clicks? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like a remote control to send right and left mouse clicks (for a teleprompter program for my nascent DIY teleprompter). Could something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by THX1138, May 10, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Could I use a bluetooth camera remote to give left/right mouse clicks?

I would like a remote control to send right and left mouse clicks (for a teleprompter program for my nascent DIY teleprompter). Could something like this be used to do that? Would a program like AutoHotKey translate the bluetooth signals into key (or mouse) presses?

:)

THX1138, May 10, 2017

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update remote desktop confuses left and right mouse buttons.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with the Anniversary Update.

On this desktop Windows 10 64-bit computer I use a physical mouse with which I'm using the right mouse button for a primary button (i.e. I've swapped the buttons to use it as a left-handed mouse). Sometimes I connect to this computer from a laptop, also
    running Window 10 64-bit. But the laptop is using a touchpad without the left and right buttons swapped. When I log into the desktop, it recognizes that I'm logging in from a laptop that uses the left mouse button as the primary mouse button, so from
    the laptop the remote desktop functions just like local desktop.

But then I upgraded both the desktop and the laptop to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. This broken the left and right mouse buttons. When I'm on the desktop, I can use the mouse as a left-handed mouse. When I'm on the laptop, the touchbad still has the left
    button as the primary button. But when I log into the desktop from the laptop using remote desktop,
    the remote desktop has swapped the touchbad buttons! In other words, the remote desktop tries to use the settings of the physical mouse attached to it rather than the settings of the laptop connecting to it.

This leaves me in the absurd (and frustrating) situation in which my laptop's touchpad uses the left touchpad button as the primary button in one window, but if I switch to the remote desktop suddenly the right touchpad button is the primary button. To try
    to work around this bug, if I set the left mouse button as the primary mouse button on the remote desktop, the laptop's touchpad buttons functions as expected---but then when I sit down adn physically log into the desktop system, the mouse no longer functions
    as a left-handed mouse and I have to swap the buttons again.

Microsoft, please fix this remote desktop bug, and use the client machine's mouse button settings when logging into a remote machine with remote desktop, like it used to do.

Garret Wilson, May 10, 2017
  3. Windows Operating system for smart TVs

Why don't I see any smart TVs with windows operating systems? I know it would be a huge benefit if a person could just come home, plop down on the couch turn on the TV and be able to pull pick up his work right where he left off at the office. Also
    needs a touch screen remote that doubles as a mouse plus you can have your keyboard right there. turned sideways so you could use it as a game controller.

PatrickVBurden, May 10, 2017
Thema:

Could I use a bluetooth camera remote to give left/right mouse clicks?

1. Could I use a bluetooth camera remote to give left/right mouse clicks? - Similar Threads - bluetooth camera remote

2. dell mouse left click randomly right clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell mouse left click randomly right clicks: i have a dell mouse and i know this prblm is weird but let me explain whenever i left click and hold and drag somehing my mouse leave that drag item and right clicks and whenever i rapidly use left clicks the right click context menu appear for few clicks and then the left...
  3. Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...: Every time I click with my mouse, it either acts normally or does the exact opposite click. I've changed mouses 3 times so I know that that isn't the problem. It only happens once in every 5 clicks or so, it's getting really annoying....
  4. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

Left and Right click on mouse pad not working: Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but the buttons underneath don't seem to work. Any ideas for me to get it fixed ASAP. I've tried downloading the HP PC hardware...
  5. Mouse opens browser when i right and left click.

Mouse opens browser when i right and left click.: my problem started a while ago like 2018 i have already tried resetting my pc from a flash drive but the problem is still there what i know about it is that when i turn off human interfaces the mouse doesn't open tabs but i cant left click while holding right click and that...
  6. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix): Good Morning! I have just two users who have an issue where they'll both be working and then all of a sudden their mouse clicks will stop working correctly. The cursor still moves fine but the left mouse click stops working. Both users can resolve this problem by right...
  7. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  8. Unable to use mouse wheel when holding left or right click, or typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use mouse wheel when holding left or right click, or typing: When I'm playing ROBLOX (a game), I need to be able to pan in and out quickly, but I'm unable to do that while holding left or right mouse buttons, or pressing keyboard keys. How do I fix/disable this?...
  9. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...
  10. Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad): Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad or mouse, when I click on certain things they just flash up momentarily then disappear. Including the mouse settings window,...