Windows 10: Could installing a new image change the HWID of my Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support Could installing a new image change the HWID of my Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi one and all and TIA for any thoughts posted. I am still investigating an ongoing issue with reactivating a license on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Juststeev, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Juststeev Win User

Could installing a new image change the HWID of my Windows 10 PC?

Hi one and all and TIA for any thoughts posted.

I am still investigating an ongoing issue with reactivating a license on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Essentially, I have 300 (and more) PCs that each have their own retail license. These licenses are successfully activated when the OS is first installed (from a Clonezilla image), in my assembly room in China. The PCs are then shipped to my client, in Italy, where they reimage them (with the same 10 Pro OS, but with updated software for peripheral devices).

When they try to activate the original license it fails almost every time. Even using the telephone activation service results in a "We cannot activate your copy of Windows" message.

The image they use (completely wiping the original and installing new) does contain a license but this is superceded by entering the license code that the PC was activated with originally. The original license is activated using either the telephone activation service, or the MS online activation tool.

My question is this: Could the new image cause a change in the HWID that would make MS believe that it is now a new PC, even though there are no hardware changes to the PC? If this were the case, wouldn't the activation service tell me that the license was already registered to another PC? Finally, is there a way to get around this so the original license can be used after the new image has been put on?

I know that VL would be a better way of doing this, but this is not what the client wants, so that's off the table!

Any (and all) comments/thoughts would be welcome.

Many thanks

:)

Juststeev, Jun 29, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 29, 2018
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Could installing a new image change the HWID of my Windows 10 PC?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

Could installing a new image change the HWID of my Windows 10 PC?

1. Could installing a new image change the HWID of my Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - installing image change

2. HWID change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HWID change: How can I reset my HWID? Some games I play are detecting that I'm spoofing my HWID to evade a ban, which I'm not. Is there a way I can revert to my original HWID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-change/df533871-0d16-4178-a0b2-503552c1dca5
  3. HWID change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HWID change: How can I reset my HWID? Some games I play are detecting that I'm spoofing my HWID to evade a ban, which I'm not. Is there a way I can revert to my original HWID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-change/df533871-0d16-4178-a0b2-503552c1dca5
  4. HWID change

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hwid changed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hwid changed?: Hi, I used a software that changed my hwid cus i wanted to see and test out hwid spoofers. I feel as if my performance got worse. How do I fix it? I don't have my old ones. It didn't deactivate my windows or anything. I spoofed many times, and my windows hasnt deactivated and...
  6. HWID Change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HWID Change: If I change my Motherboard and hard drive will it change my HWID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-change/92dd8ce0-6d5f-450d-8e14-ce24d95a4de4
  7. HWID change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HWID change: So i accidentally opened a file which changed my HWID, is there any way to reactivate my windows 10 home without having to pay for a new license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-change/28755a3e-59f0-4370-b1a1-4c3c229eaadd
  8. HWID change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HWID change: Hello i need help i get hwid ban in game name valorant so i changed my hwid and now i have problem with activation key and it says i dont have bought activation key and i need to buy new one how can i reset my hwid back to default 2. and the second is i want to factory...
  9. Will Upgrading PC change my HWID?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Upgrading PC change my HWID?: I want to upgrade PC for years, the new gen come out and I wonder if I change my CPU and Motherboard. Will it affect my HWID or my windows activation? Thank You!...
  10. Changing HWID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing HWID: Just had a quick question, while reseting my Windows fully, would pressing ,,Remove files and clean the drive'' change my HWID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/changing-hwid/cf21898a-1893-4f55-a241-34b969ddc1b6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does changing your prdouct key change your hwid?

2. does new window 10 change my hwid?

3. does hwid change with new install

4. I needs to reset my hwid and serial,
  5. does hwid copy on files,
  6. how to change hwid windows 10,
  7. changing hwid with new windows