Windows 10: Could Live Tiles Make It to the Windows 10 Desktop?

Discus and support Could Live Tiles Make It to the Windows 10 Desktop? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In Windows 10, Microsoft brings back the Start menu, but with a twist. The old Windows 7 Start menu has been revamped to feature the modern live tiles,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 18, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Could Live Tiles Make It to the Windows 10 Desktop?

More

:)

labeeman, Jan 18, 2015
  2. allham Win User

Excel File Start Menu Live Tile

How do I pin an Excel file to the start menu on Windows Phone 7 to make it into a live tile? Ideally, I could also link a cell or 2 so that it showed it's value on the live tile animation. Thanks.

allham, Jan 18, 2015
  3. Lee_939 Win User
    The Live Tile photos will no longer display on the Start App Display

The Live Tile photos will no longer display on the start menu even though I have right-clicked to make sure that the Live Tile is turned on. I am using the Windows 10.

Lee_939, Jan 18, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Sure, why not!
    At least on a desktop you won't use up all your data and battery in one day! *Wink

Edwin, Jan 18, 2015
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    This idea I really like. Have tiles as a gadget, instead of pinning it to the stupid menu.

This concept makes much more sense. But yet, keep your traditional Windows 7 menu and Metro. Brilliant idea.

Trust_No1, Jan 18, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Live tiles COULD make it to the desktop - but they'd need to be re-sizeable. The current setup looks really STUPID on a 60 inch monitor. Re-sizeable moveable BORDERLESS (REPEAT PEEPS - BORDERLESS) tiles would be great and would be a natural follow on from Gadgets which were a brilliant idea but full of mainly useless nerdy things like Fan speeds inside your computer or traffic status in the Greenland capital of Nuuk.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 18, 2015
  7. Rickkins Win User
    So long as they come with a kill switch, for those who want nothing to do with such stuff.

Rickkins, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Could Live Tiles Make It to the Windows 10 Desktop? - Similar Threads - Live Tiles Desktop

2. Make the default layout of Windows 10 Live Tile more useful.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make the default layout of Windows 10 Live Tile more useful.: Live Tile LayoutHello, I'm BurningPlanet, a normal Windows user. I like Windows service so much that I have never used an OS other than Windows. Personally, I'm satisfied with almost every feature of Windows. Unfortunately, the basic layout of Live Tile in the Start Menu...
  3. Make the default layout of Windows 10 Live Tile more useful.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make the default layout of Windows 10 Live Tile more useful.: Live Tile LayoutHello, I'm BurningPlanet, a normal Windows user. I like Windows service so much that I have never used an OS other than Windows. Personally, I'm satisfied with almost every feature of Windows. Unfortunately, the basic layout of Live Tile in the Start Menu...
  4. Make the default layout of Windows 10 Live Tile more useful.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  6. Windows 10 Live tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Live tile: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro, and i'm not getting the live tile feed. For some apps only. (Microsoft store, Photo,etc) Please help me to fix this issue. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-tile/b6167eb7-5c19-4d27-90ba-9d046c4ac1b6"
  7. Desktop / Live tiles

Desktop / Live tiles: Hi, my point is whether there will ever be a possibility to place Live Tiles on the desktop so that they stay there permanently in the same way as normal desktop icons (displaying their interactive content - a bit like windows 7 gadgets did) coz to me it would make much more...
  8. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  9. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...
  10. Unwanted live tiles on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted live tiles on desktop: I am an IT volunteer at a day centre and am working with a gentleman who has live tiles on the desktop which are unwanted. I can't seem to find the control panel if that is the way to rectify the problem. Does anyone know how to restore the desktop icons please? Many...