Windows 10: could microsoft interfere with my printer?

Discus and support could microsoft interfere with my printer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; could microsoft interfere with my printer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joefinelli, Dec 18, 2019.

1. could microsoft interfere with my printer?

could microsoft interfere with my printer?

:)

joefinelli, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft PDF printer

Hi Carol,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to print files, this issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings or due to corrupted printer drivers.
    We will help you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt printer troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

Note: If your computer is having problems printing, try using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that a printer is connected to your computer, and it checks
    for common issues such as whether the printer has enough paper and toner to complete printing your document.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on printer and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.
    • Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Try the above mentioned steps and get back with the required information to assist you accordingly.

Arul_D, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Edge Always Chooses the Most Recent Printer

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Select print option.

• Under printer click on drop down button.

• Click on Add printer.

Try to print documents and check if the issue persist after adding the printer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. could microsoft interfere with my printer? - Similar Threads - microsoft interfere printer

2. Microsoft pass word interference

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft pass word interference: How do I erase any info input into that stupid "save password" box? I accidentally used it instead of a website's actual password change box and now it seems I will have to forever use Google to access that website because the microsoft garbage is interfering with my ID....
  3. Microsoft pass word interference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft pass word interference: How do I erase any info input into that stupid "save password" box? I accidentally used it instead of a website's actual password change box and now it seems I will have to forever use Google to access that website because the microsoft garbage is interfering with my ID....
  4. Microsoft pass word interference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mcaffee Interference

Mcaffee Interference: Mcaffee constantly interferes with Windows Defender, Core Isolation features are told to be turned off, McAffee breaks the Microsoft Firewall and replaces it with their own and it's getting annoying! I can never think I'm safe because every day I get a warning sign and I...
  6. Sharing Network folders and printers interfere with normal firewall settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Network folders and printers interfere with normal firewall settings: Hello,Has soon I activate the sharing in Public / Private / All Networks normal sharing the firewall gets deactivated => Public and Private.But it seems that the private mode is activated for no reasons known from mee.. And I am receiving the notification of the...
  7. Sharing Network folders and printers interfere with normal firewall settings

Sharing Network folders and printers interfere with normal firewall settings: Hello,Has soon I activate the sharing in Public / Private / All Networks normal sharing the firewall gets deactivated => Public and Private.But it seems that the private mode is activated for no reasons known from mee.. And I am receiving the notification of the...
  8. Keyboard interference

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard interference: Accidentaly There were two keyboards plugged into my computer simultaneously, and now some keys only work on one keyboard some only work on the other, even if I disconnect one. I have tried the most common solutionsdriver, uninstall, trubleshooter, safe mode.. ect Do you...
  9. Line interference

in Windows 10 Support
    Line interference: Hello, About a week ago, this started happening in Slack and OneNote, and I just noticed it happening in Discord as well. I have no idea what words to use to search for this problem, so I don't know if anyone else has come across it. This odd grid of white lines happens on...
  10. Unwanted interference

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted interference: How do I get this (explicative) McAfee software off of my laptop? These (explicative) advertisements are blocking a full 1/4 of my screen! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unwanted-interference/83bbe8c0-9774-4ef3-8da8-bde2bffb800e