Windows 10: Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode

Discus and support Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there, I didn't know turning your laptop to sleep mode and then storing it away in your bag would be a big no no no. Lesson learned. It was only a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Max Pen, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Max Pen Win User

Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode

Hey there,

I didn't know turning your laptop to sleep mode and then storing it away in your bag would be a big no no no. Lesson learned. It was only a few hours it stayed in there but the damage I wonder what could that be like?

Its a new laptop with very good specs. MSI laptop of over 2k eur cost.

the hdd were at 57 °C I think and cpu and gpu at 80 °C

:)

Max Pen, Feb 9, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 9, 2019
  3. danielm34 Win User
    Battery drain in sleep mode

Hi,

I have an Asus UX430U and it's draining the battery when in sleep mode.

The cpu is running when in sleep mode. I suppose it should not happen.

The laptop is getting really hot and the whole battery goes off in around 1 hour in sleep mode.

Thanks to anyone who could help.

danielm34, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode

1. Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode - Similar Threads - laptop damaged running

2. Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop will not sleep nor open when I close my lid, the fans go loud and it gets hot very much.: Hi, I've recently encountered a new issue on my new Huawei Matebook X Pro, when I close my lid, it doesn't sleep, worst of all, it won't open up either. This issue has happened twice, but every time, I was using Sketchup Pro (Software) before it and the laptop is already...
  3. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHY IS WINDOWS 10 CAUSING MY LAPTOP TO RUN TOO HOT?: Many problems with the October 2018 update such that I had revert back to factory defaults and reload windows 10 took over a week to come to this resolution even after being on the phone with MS for many hours. However, one of the problems I've encounter after to my system...
  4. Windows 10 running very slow on one of my laptops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running very slow on one of my laptops: Hi, Windows is running very slow on one of my I3 boxes which has Intel Core I3-4010U CPU @1.70 GHZ whereas other one having same I3 processor is running fine. Even the installation of updates is not completed even when i left my laptop open whole night. I am currently...
  5. Can gaming damage my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can gaming damage my laptop?: Hi, I just got a new laptop, the HP Pavilion 15 Power (i5 7300HQ, GTX 1050, 8gb ram). Basically it is for my study but I know it can run games quite well. Could gaming on my laptop do any damage? I tried GTA V and it worked really good with most settings on high. The...
  6. CPU Running Extremely Hot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Running Extremely Hot: Hi all, this is my first post to the forum. With Windows 10 showing up on more computers every day, I decided to take the leap and upgrade my operating system. I figured that I would need to know it in order to service my client's computers - however, doing so has provided me...
  7. My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems): This problem is fairly new, even though I've been using this monitor as well as other similar ones with my laptop. What's supposed to happen is that when I wake my laptop from sleep mode, the built in screen should turn on but stay completely black, while the monitor (set as...
  8. my laptop is hot!!! cpu mining???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my laptop is hot!!! cpu mining???: ok so i installed windows 10 on one of my laptops, haven’t really used it until tonight. i was watching a movie on a popular movie streaming site and it started getting hot, the fan was running like crazy. so i deiced to open task viewer (or what ever its called) and keep...
  9. HP laptop sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop sleep mode: Hi - Just installed Win10 on my 4 yr old HP G60535D. Now I have have to re-boot everytime I shut the lid. *Shock Played around with power settings, etc etc but no love. When I first open the lid, I can hear the computer running, a slight mechanical burp of some sort, then...
  10. laptop turninig to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop turninig to sleep mode: I started using my laptop on my desk but without battery for longer battery life. from that point my laptop turns sleep mode in 5 minutes after last work, i have it set to never turn asleep at any circumstances, i think i checked all settings but i might be wrong. i want...