Windows 10: Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode

Discus and support Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there, I didn't know turning your laptop to sleep mode and then storing it away in your bag would be a big no no no. Lesson learned. It was only a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Max Pen, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Max Pen Win User

Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode

Hey there,

I didn't know turning your laptop to sleep mode and then storing it away in your bag would be a big no no no. Lesson learned. It was only a few hours it stayed in there but the damage I wonder what could that be like?

Its a new laptop with very good specs. MSI laptop of over 2k eur cost.

the hdd were at 57 °C I think and cpu and gpu at 80 °C

:)

Max Pen, Feb 9, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 9, 2019
  3. danielm34 Win User
    Battery drain in sleep mode

Hi,

I have an Asus UX430U and it's draining the battery when in sleep mode.

The cpu is running when in sleep mode. I suppose it should not happen.

The laptop is getting really hot and the whole battery goes off in around 1 hour in sleep mode.

Thanks to anyone who could help.

danielm34, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode

1. Could my laptop be damaged because of running very hot in sleep mode - Similar Threads - laptop damaged running

2. Laptop running very hot and sluggish, even a while after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running very hot and sluggish, even a while after start up: I have been having this problem for a while now, but haven't found a solution to this yet. Every time after I start up my laptop, the CPU temperature instantly goes to 95°C and the performance is not great. Stuttering animations and even my mouse pointer on screen is skipping...
  3. Laptop running very hot and sluggish, even a while after start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop running very hot and sluggish, even a while after start up: I have been having this problem for a while now, but haven't found a solution to this yet. Every time after I start up my laptop, the CPU temperature instantly goes to 95°C and the performance is not great. Stuttering animations and even my mouse pointer on screen is skipping...
  4. HP laptop gets hot when charging in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop gets hot when charging in sleep mode: my HP envy 360 which i bought brand new, sometimes gets hot when charging in sleep mode is it normal or should i do something because it is really worrying me off. all my power settings are normal and the pc is set to better battery mode...
  5. asus gaming laptop runs abnormally hot after waking up from sleep mode, and battery life is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    asus gaming laptop runs abnormally hot after waking up from sleep mode, and battery life is...: A while ago, I purchased an asus gaming laptop zephyrus g14 and I have had what seems to be software issues since I have got it. when I first turn on the laptop, it idles at around 30C and gets a good 6-7 hours of battery life. However, when I wake the laptop up from sleep...
  6. Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior: Hello, I have an asus laptop that uses the Intel Core i7 4750HQ CPU never had any problems. -I recently had a problem with the HD and decided to install a new SSD with a new Windows installation and install the old HDD simultaneously using a caddy. -A few days later I...
  7. Dell Laptop running while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Laptop running while in sleep mode: Apparently my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop began running while in sleep mode i.e. w/ lid closed. When I tried to logon this a.m., I became aware laptop was running at high speed, as if downloading a Windows update. I had to perform hard-stop to take control and logon. I...
  8. Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.: I have an HP Envy X360 with a Ryzen 5 3500U, which I bought near November of last year. Everything with it was fine until 2 months ago when I noticed that whenever my laptop was in sleep mode it'd get really hot to the touch, even hotter than when I run a demanding game or...
  9. XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XPS 13 gets scalding hot in sleep mode: submitted by /u/FiziksMayMays [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewsjlh/xps_13_gets_scalding_hot_in_sleep_mode/
  10. My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy

in Windows 10 Customization
    My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy: Dear all, One of my friend has bought this laptop (HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac033dx) . This laptop comes with WIN 10 license. He start using it for around 6 months. Once he one or two applications the laptop became like toast machine superrrrrrrrrrrrr hottttt. I reset the...