Windows 10: Could not access network location %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs

Discus and support Could not access network location %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This pops up when I try to install some things, sometimes it works, other times this keeps popping up. Anyway where I can actually download the stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DerpToast, Jul 13, 2020.

1. DerpToast Win User

Could not access network location %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs

This pops up when I try to install some things, sometimes it works, other times this keeps popping up.

Anyway where I can actually download the stuff I need

:)

DerpToast, Jul 13, 2020

2. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Startmenu not "updating"

I do not have a problem with newly installed apps. They show up in my startmenu. I only have problems with shortcuts that I mannually add to my startmenu folder ("C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start
    Menu\Programs\" - I've also tried my personal user folder and the default user folder). They won't show up in my startmenu nor can I find them using search/cortana. So if I want to start a programm that I haven't used with an installer, I always need to locate
    the file first...

Ciaran Baulig, Jul 13, 2020
  4. V.OA Win User

Could not access network location %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs

could not access network location

When I execute the installation of some software (such as nodejs) in the window10 (home version) environment, during the installation process, there is a "not access network location *:\user\nodeJs\. " notice come out. Then i search for the solution on
    the website.however when i corresponding to the registry information by step,there is no problems found in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders".

Thema:

1. Could not access network location %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs - Similar Threads - access network location

2. Could not access network location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not access network location: Hi, I get this pop up when trying to install a program, running Windows 11. I was trying to install to Program Files x86. Anyone familiar with this error or how to correct it? Thanks...
  3. Could not access network location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not access network location: Hi, I get this pop up when trying to install a program, running Windows 11. I was trying to install to Program Files x86. Anyone familiar with this error or how to correct it? Thanks...
  4. Error 1606 could not access network location _/.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 1606 could not access network location _/.: Please help ^^^^^^^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1606-could-not-access-network-location/00a15d12-6549-4d8d-ba26-9da751cfc3de
  5. Could not access network location \

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could not access network location \: stupid msi error appears everytime i install python, please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-access-network-location/1a7ccad8-a613-41c0-83cb-ff7e0b5bedb7
  6. Could not access network location G

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could not access network location G: For some reason, my computer won't let me install software such as Elgato Game Capture Setup. Whenever I try to, It shows me the following picture What do I do? [ATTACH]...
  7. "Could not access network location %PUBLIC%\Desktop\

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Could not access network location %PUBLIC%\Desktop\: Whenever i try to download something i get an error saying "Could not access network location %PUBLIC%\Desktop. How do i fix? submitted by /u/Max123543 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hvvphx/could_not_access_network_location_publicdesktop/
  8. could not access network location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    could not access network location: I keep getting this prompt when I try to uninstall an application. the reason I'm uninstalling is because when I try to run the application it wont work. any help would be much appreciated. the application is the epic games launcher...
  9. Could not Access Network Location error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could not Access Network Location error: Hello I need your help to install blender. At the end of the installation I got an error message with "Could not Access Network Location" written on it. I have look for it on internet and found this is a windows related error so I hope you can help me. submitted by...
  10. could not access network location _\. error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    could not access network location _\. error: I have this problem when I try to install something via a installer sometimes thru the download it pops up an error message could not access network location _\....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 app failed to start network location