Windows 10: Could not delete partiton

Discus and support Could not delete partiton in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a 64GB pen drive with me. The first problem that occurred was that I was unable to format the disk. Then I used diskpart and used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adithyak1997, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Could not delete partiton

I am having a 64GB pen drive with me. The first problem that occurred was that I was unable to format the disk. Then I used diskpart and used the commands clean and clean all. Before completing clean all, I ejected my drive. Then I tried create partition primary and it succeeded. When I gave format command, the same error occurred. Now the drive size has reduced from 64GB to 4Mb. When I now try to list partition, it shows the primary partition. When I tried to delete that partition, I am not able to select it ie. when using the command select partition 1, it shows no partitions selected. Unfortunately I think I have removed the partition table also. When I used 3rd party softwares like AOMEI partition assistant, nothing worked. Is there any solution to restore the size from 4MB to 64GB?

:)

Adithyak1997, Oct 9, 2018

2. Disk partitons

I have one disk(650 GB i guess) and there is two partitons 265.7GB(personal files) and 177GB(system).

So select and delete partitions 1, 2 and 4 and that'll be fine? I want to be 100% sure because these files are very important.

Thanks a lot

luke197777, Oct 9, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 9, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

Could not delete partiton

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Could not delete partiton

1. Could not delete partiton - Similar Threads - delete partiton

2. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  3. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  4. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I use the unallocated space? and which recovery partitons can be deleted or how can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I use the unallocated space? and which recovery partitons can be deleted or how can...: Here is what I have right now...I want to be able to use the unused space but I dont know how to get there. Also, if someone could explain to me all the parts, that would be wonderful.Thank you so much...
  6. How can I use the unallocated space? and which recovery partitons can be deleted or how can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use the unallocated space? and which recovery partitons can be deleted or how can...: Here is what I have right now...I want to be able to use the unused space but I dont know how to get there. Also, if someone could explain to me all the parts, that would be wonderful.Thank you so much...
  7. How can I use the unallocated space? and which recovery partitons can be deleted or how can...

8. i deleted my /home partiton on debian, how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i deleted my /home partiton on debian, how do i fix it?: i deleted my /home partiton on debian, how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-my-home-partiton-on-debian-how-do-i-fix/d8a5dcd4-5847-4161-9403-bbb409fea265
  9. i deleted my /home partiton on debian, how do i fix it?

i deleted my /home partiton on debian, how do i fix it?: i deleted my /home partiton on debian, how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-my-home-partiton-on-debian-how-do-i-fix/d8a5dcd4-5847-4161-9403-bbb409fea265
  10. Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?: Long story short, while trying to troubleshoot a lousy 1.5TB WD drive I had accidentally deleted and recreated the partition on a different USB drive without noticing. All the partition recovery softwares' instructions don't seem to mention this scenario, so I'm not entirely...