Windows 10: Could not delete partiton

Discus and support Could not delete partiton in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a 64GB pen drive with me. The first problem that occurred was that I was unable to format the disk. Then I used diskpart and used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adithyak1997, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Could not delete partiton

I am having a 64GB pen drive with me. The first problem that occurred was that I was unable to format the disk. Then I used diskpart and used the commands clean and clean all. Before completing clean all, I ejected my drive. Then I tried create partition primary and it succeeded. When I gave format command, the same error occurred. Now the drive size has reduced from 64GB to 4Mb. When I now try to list partition, it shows the primary partition. When I tried to delete that partition, I am not able to select it ie. when using the command select partition 1, it shows no partitions selected. Unfortunately I think I have removed the partition table also. When I used 3rd party softwares like AOMEI partition assistant, nothing worked. Is there any solution to restore the size from 4MB to 64GB?

:)

Adithyak1997, Oct 9, 2018

2. Disk partitons

I have one disk(650 GB i guess) and there is two partitons 265.7GB(personal files) and 177GB(system).

So select and delete partitions 1, 2 and 4 and that'll be fine? I want to be 100% sure because these files are very important.

Thanks a lot

luke197777, Oct 9, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 9, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

Could not delete partiton

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Could not delete partiton

1. Could not delete partiton - Similar Threads - delete partiton

2. Problem with unwanted folder deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with unwanted folder deletion: I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their...
  3. Deleting files does not free space after "Volume Shadow Copy" MS malware removed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting files does not free space after "Volume Shadow Copy" MS malware removed.: Is Windows actually counting free space, or just guessing? How can I delete 2.5GB from the recycle bin and have only 20MB free space afterwards? Why does deleting files not free space, I have already disabled the malware "System Volume Shadow Copy" which does nothing but eat...
  4. Unable to rename/delete folder in OneDrive that has name problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to rename/delete folder in OneDrive that has name problems: Hi all, I recently allowed the Windows update to v1903 and all looked OK, except I know have a c:\users\xxxxx.000 directory (where xxxxx is the user name). Anyway, while trying to ensure everything was OK with OneDrive, somehow I managed to create a directory call "desktop "...
  5. Deleted Windows, while trying to install Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Windows, while trying to install Ubuntu: I was trying to install Ubuntu side by side with windows, and accidentally deleted the windows os that came with my pc. How can I reinstall windows and can I use the license that came with this pc?...
  6. Trying to delete Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to delete Skype for Business: I have microsoft 10 and Skype for Business auto loads. I tried to unistall but program not listed in control panel. How can I delete since I don't use Skype?...
  7. Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files

Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files: Hi, Prior to me using this computer, my colleague was using it (lets call him Bob). We are all network users but of course it creates local profile and stores data in c:\Users\Bob. Bob is gone now. So I have removed him as a user on this computer, in order to free up...
  8. Can't delete a folder

Can't delete a folder: I have a WD My Book for backup and I was testing it out so I backed everything up. Then I went to restore and selected Program Files and Programs (X86) to restore and sentthemt to my WD My Book Restore folder. It restored perfectly, but now I can't delete it. I tried...
  9. Cannot delete user or change user folder name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot delete user or change user folder name: My friend gave me his desktop PC and assured me it was wiped clean for a fresh start however, his name is still on the user profile folder and his image still shows in the account section. When I click the photo, the image changes but the account doesn't as it still says...
  10. Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?: Long story short, while trying to troubleshoot a lousy 1.5TB WD drive I had accidentally deleted and recreated the partition on a different USB drive without noticing. All the partition recovery softwares' instructions don't seem to mention this scenario, so I'm not entirely...