Windows 10: Could not delete partiton

Discus and support Could not delete partiton in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a 64GB pen drive with me. The first problem that occurred was that I was unable to format the disk. Then I used diskpart and used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adithyak1997, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Could not delete partiton

I am having a 64GB pen drive with me. The first problem that occurred was that I was unable to format the disk. Then I used diskpart and used the commands clean and clean all. Before completing clean all, I ejected my drive. Then I tried create partition primary and it succeeded. When I gave format command, the same error occurred. Now the drive size has reduced from 64GB to 4Mb. When I now try to list partition, it shows the primary partition. When I tried to delete that partition, I am not able to select it ie. when using the command select partition 1, it shows no partitions selected. Unfortunately I think I have removed the partition table also. When I used 3rd party softwares like AOMEI partition assistant, nothing worked. Is there any solution to restore the size from 4MB to 64GB?

:)

Adithyak1997, Oct 9, 2018

2. Disk partitons

I have one disk(650 GB i guess) and there is two partitons 265.7GB(personal files) and 177GB(system).

So select and delete partitions 1, 2 and 4 and that'll be fine? I want to be 100% sure because these files are very important.

Thanks a lot

luke197777, Oct 9, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 9, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

Could not delete partiton

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Could not delete partiton

1. Could not delete partiton - Similar Threads - delete partiton

2. Where is that Option - Remove Rigth click Delete option ( its for scambaitng ) ( its a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is that Option - Remove Rigth click Delete option ( its for scambaitng ) ( its a...: This webpage https://www.thewindowsclub.com/remove-click-context-menu-items-editors Dont show me where the Delete option is its only giving me Option to add stuff its WONT show me anny info where that delete is ( i m like to remove that ) when you click whit the rigth mouse...
  3. delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail

delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail: How do I delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-entire-contents-of-deleted-folder-in/4dd26600-eb12-4172-91c6-ed25dbace914
  4. Windows' Drive Error Checking Deleted My Linux Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows' Drive Error Checking Deleted My Linux Files: Hello, "dear" Microsoft, I am running Windows 10 on a ProBook 4530s machine and today, after I plugged my external drive in, I was greeted with a wonderful "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it." message, to which I said "Fine! Why not?". After...
  5. How to delete US keyboard option from Windows 10?

How to delete US keyboard option from Windows 10?: Hello. I have a norwegian keyboard layout, and would like to type as such, but when I press windows + space there is an option to change to a US layout, which messes up my keyboard. Sometimes windows reverts to this. How do I delete it? I have tried going in settings, but the...
  6. Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in...: I'm working on a computer on which, after every print job, 3 files remain in the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers folder. 2 can be deleted without issue. The 3rd, a .tmp file throws an error when I try to delete it. Nothing else can be printed until the .tmp file is...
  7. Acidentally deleted everything on windows 10 laptop :P

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acidentally deleted everything on windows 10 laptop :P: I wanted to clear some storage for more games and came apon this youtube video where it stated to download this delete thing. I was thinking wrong and put it to max and expected it to just delete the useless files. Turns out it deletes system files too. I don't think there's...
  8. ALEXA app was deleted from my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALEXA app was deleted from my PC.: I cannot download the app because it says "I already own it". HELP! Please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app-was-deleted-from-my-pc/30212c8e-2db6-41a3-ba98-a98e46a8c34c
  9. Anything I try to download gets auto deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anything I try to download gets auto deleted: PLEASE HELP ME ! ive had this problem when i first logged on my pc i have disabled every antivirus program plus windows defender i have no extra plugins on google chrome EVERYTHING is turned off. Whenever i try download literally anything thats not malicious it auto deletes...
  10. Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover data after deleting partiton and creating a new one?: Long story short, while trying to troubleshoot a lousy 1.5TB WD drive I had accidentally deleted and recreated the partition on a different USB drive without noticing. All the partition recovery softwares' instructions don't seem to mention this scenario, so I'm not entirely...