Windows 10: Could not find installation media

Discus and support Could not find installation media in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, i desperately need to reset this PC but an error message pops up saying could not find the recovery environments.there is also an system reserved d... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/__MasterBaitor, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Could not find installation media

Hi, i desperately need to reset this PC but an error message pops up saying could not find the recovery environments.there is also an system reserved d drive which I assume is the problem. Im not that tech savvy so any help is appreciated

submitted by /u/__MasterBaitor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/__MasterBaitor, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Gino Des Win User
    windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Could not find installation media

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Could not find installation media

1. Could not find installation media - Similar Threads - find installation media

2. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could not find the recovery environment: exact error im getting ^I've done everything a previous forum post had done and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-could-not-find-recovery/58cc7a57-ec3d-432b-b3a8-619b73805f1a said forum post and i have a 64gb brand...
  3. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    could not find the recovery environment: exact error im getting ^I've done everything a previous forum post had done and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-could-not-find-recovery/58cc7a57-ec3d-432b-b3a8-619b73805f1a said forum post and i have a 64gb brand...
  4. Could not find the recovery environment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Could not find the recovery environment: Could not find the recovery environment corporate application IT doesn't know what to do please provide instruction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/4ef99641-7954-4910-862d-f2e225083209
  5. Could not find this item

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not find this item: Hello,I've been having a problem for about a week, where I need to delete large quantities of pictures and documents from Windows 10. But every time I want to do this, I can the message: Item Not Found.Could not find this item. This is no longer located in path . Verify the...
  6. Installed Win10 Installation Media. How to find existing data?

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Win10 Installation Media. How to find existing data?: Hi I installed "Win10 Installation Media" on a flash drive (to help rescue data on another laptop) but didn't realise I had important files already on the drive. The "Win10 Installation Media" install created a new drive on the flash drive and I can't see my old data. I'm...
  7. “Could not find this item”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Could not find this item”: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sexysenju [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kmwog9/could_not_find_this_item/
  8. Can't find or install media feature pack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find or install media feature pack: I want to download some photos wirelessly from my camera, and when I tried to open the canon software it said I need to install the media feature pack. Had a look on the Microsoft website and there weren't any programs from after November 2018, so I tried looking in the...
  9. "Could not find the recovery environment."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Could not find the recovery environment.": I'm trying to reset my pc and it keeps giving me this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/7fb25aa2-515e-4e2c-a144-ae79645eba9d
  10. could not find iviewers.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    could not find iviewers.dll: restarting pc the error appear: 'could not find iviewers.dll" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/could-not-find-iviewersdll/cc34c515-bda6-4d0a-be94-8a35ed4096b4