Windows 10: Could not install Intel chipset driver

Discus and support Could not install Intel chipset driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Audio not working, power management not working probably due to missing chipset driver The device manager not showing chipset information [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by adityak, Nov 13, 2016.

1. adityak Win User

Could not install Intel chipset driver

Audio not working, power management not working probably due to missing chipset driver
    The device manager not showing chipset information

Could not install Intel chipset driver [​IMG]

The output from Speccy shows that I have Intel chipset

Could not install Intel chipset driver [​IMG]

I tried installing Intel official drivers
    Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33]
    but got error message "the computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing the software"

:)

adityak, Nov 13, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

SSD samsung 850 pro (512Gb) freezes randomly with storahci error - "Event ID 129 – storachi – Reset to device, DeviceRaidPort0, was issued"

Looks like the Intel controller is using the Windows generic storahci.sys and that could be an issue.

The IntelRST.log you posted seems to indicate there is not a matching Hardware ID in the .inf file and it appears the latest Intel driver does not support the X79 chipset.

What you could try is the following driver for Windows 8.1 which should support the X79 chipset:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Download and run the SetupRST.exe and you may have to install in "Compatibility Mode".

That Intel is not supplying a driver for Windows 10 for the X79 chipset may make it hard to optimize the conditions for an SSD.

In the following link a Windows 10 user did have some success with the 12.9.0.1001 driver :

Intel RST and Windows 10

auggy, Nov 13, 2016
  3. RickJor Win User
    After a clean re-install of Windows 10, no audio devices are detected. How can this be fixed?

Solution found -- "downgraded" the Intel Chipset Driver using Intel's driver upgrade utility.

Apparently, the problem was caused by the Windows 10 "clean install" when it selected an inappropriate chipset driver. Intel's own driver update utility indicated that although the installed driver was newer, it wasn't the correct one. Installing the recommended
    but "older" driver completely solved the problem.

RickJor, Nov 13, 2016
Thema:

Could not install Intel chipset driver

1. Could not install Intel chipset driver - Similar Threads - install Intel chipset

2. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  3. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  4. Installation of Intel Chipset Driver. How long should this take to download?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation of Intel Chipset Driver. How long should this take to download?: How long should this take to download? It took about a minute to get to 98% and that was three hours ago * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Installation of Intel Chipset Driver...
  5. Missing Intel chipset driver

Missing Intel chipset driver: Hi, my computer has been really slow recently and I am confident it is because it is missing the Intel Chipset driver. In Device Manager, the only driver in Storage Controllers is the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller. Having run a benchmark test on my SSD, its write speed...
  6. Win10 32Bit Drivers for Intel Chipset B360

Win10 32Bit Drivers for Intel Chipset B360: There are no 32Bit drivers for the Intel Chipset inside HP Prodesk 400 Gen6's the chipset is B360. HP advised we contact Microsoft. We use legacy software in our company and the platform is unstable on 64Bit. Is there anyway of getting some drivers created for our...
  7. Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?

Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?: I am running Windows 10 64bit build 18362.86. According to Device Manager (System Devices), version 10.1.1.38 is installed. When I attempt to install version 10.1.1.45, Intel install states, "A newer version is already installed. Are you sure you want to downgrade?". Is...
  8. Could not find an Intel Z68 chipset driver for Windows 10

Could not find an Intel Z68 chipset driver for Windows 10: I'm planning on a clean install of Windows 10 as my computer is practically dying and it needs a full restart. However, I'm scared that my drivers would not be compatible with Windows 10. I tried to find an Intel Z68 chipset driver through google, but could not find one (Link...
  9. what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility

what is Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility: Updated: This post is a duplicate of this one due to an error of manipulation (I did believe the first post was lost). Please answer in the other post. I have an assembled PC with an Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS; which is not supported by Windows 10 according to the Asus Website....
  10. Intel Chipset Driver (Need help to find)

Intel Chipset Driver (Need help to find): Can someone help me to find the driver for my Intel Chispet? I'm running Windows 10. The chipset's a Series 8. Thanks! 53432