Windows 10: Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup

Discus and support Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Well I thought I had this problem solved! I had the same exact issue running Windows 7 so I upgraded to 10. It worked for a few times and now each time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bigbwb, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Bigbwb Win User

Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup

Well I thought I had this problem solved! I had the same exact issue running Windows 7 so I upgraded to 10. It worked for a few times and now each time I restart, the 3 mapped drives I have show the dreaded RED X. This pc worked perfectly prior to me installing a new Samsung SSD after cloning my OS.

I have a Synology NAS connected via Ethernet and have 3 mapped drives to it (each a separate folder, one for music, movies, and pics). All I have to do is double click the mapped drive and it open right away and the Red X disappears until the next reboot.

Does anyone here have a solid solution or a bat file that will fix my issue? I am not saavy when it comes to this type of thing. I need the mapped drives to work upon startup being I use this pc to load XBMC / Kodi for video playback. Kodi is in my startup folder and when the pc boots up, in Kodi I cannot access the files being the mapped drives are not accessible until I click them. Its a PITA...

This pc is in the basement and I rarely go down there so I boot it up via a WOL app and never have to touch a thing on it hence my dilemma!

Is it possible the SSD loads to quickly and the mapped drives are not visible yet?

Solutions? Any help would be awesome! This issue has been getting the best of me*Smile

:)

Bigbwb, Nov 20, 2015
  2. Iason 9 5 Win User

"Could not reconnect all network drives" error after you deploy a policy that contains a mapped drive in Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012

Hey everyone,

when my PC starts i get this message:

"Could not reconnect all network drives"

I have searched the microsoft support pages and i have found this one

"Could not reconnect all network drives" error after you deploy a policy that contains a mapped drive in Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012

anyone knows how to encounter this?

Iason 9 5, Nov 20, 2015
  3. "Could not reconnect all network drives" error after you deploy a policy that contains a mapped drive in Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012

This question is outside the scope of this site (for consumers) and to be sure you get the best answer it should be asked either on Technet (for IT Pro's) or MSDN (for developers)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fos/en-US/homerums/en-us/home
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum

If you give us a link to the new thread we can point some resources to it

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 20, 2015
  4. Bigbwb Win User

Bigbwb, Nov 20, 2015
  5. Bigbwb Win User
    After more research it seems to all point back to the SSD loading windows too fast and therefore the mapped drives are not being recognized soon enough. Can anyone walk me through creating a batch file or similar to help fix this??

Thank you in advance!

Bigbwb, Nov 21, 2015
  6. Bigbwb Win User
    Bueller??

anyone able to lend a hand, it be mean a lot!

Bigbwb, Nov 24, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    I see the same issue now and then with the OS on an HDD. I think it's simply that the devices are not fully loaded until Windows has fully loaded the USB drivers. I have 3 USB, 1 USB 3 and 2 USB2, connected to my Win7 computer and 2 NAS drives on my Router. It doesn't take long to get caught up.

Berton, Nov 24, 2015
  8. Bigbwb Win User

It seems to me you are correct, windows cannot load everything quickly enough for the Mapped drives to be recognized. The SSD is perhaps too fast for my setup. Ironically I built a pc recently running Windows 10 using a SSD (but a much newer i5 processor) and the mapped drives show up every time. Very frustrating!

Bigbwb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup - Similar Threads - reconnect network drives

2. Code 43 Could not reconnect all network drives Nvidia GTX 760

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 43 Could not reconnect all network drives Nvidia GTX 760: Hey guys. I've been having this error that's driving me a little crazy. I was playing Minecraft when all of a sudden, my screen flashed black, and when it came back on my game crashed because apparently, my Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card stopped being recognized by my PC....
  3. Code 43 Could not reconnect all network drives Nvidia GTX 760

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Code 43 Could not reconnect all network drives Nvidia GTX 760: Hey guys. I've been having this error that's driving me a little crazy. I was playing Minecraft when all of a sudden, my screen flashed black, and when it came back on my game crashed because apparently, my Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card stopped being recognized by my PC....
  4. Code 43 Could not reconnect all network drives Nvidia GTX 760

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error message: could not connect all network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message: could not connect all network drives: Sometimes after starting or restarting my Windows 10, I'll get the error message "could not connect all network drives." At those moments, I think my computer thinks that it is linked up to some network of computers. It's not. The only other thing I could think of was that it...
  6. How to turn on or off Could not reconnect all network drives notifications

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Could not reconnect all network drives notifications: If Windows is unable to connect a mapped network drive, it shows a notification. If you are aware of the problem and want to turn off the Could not reconnect all network drives notifications on Windows 10, here is what you have to do. It appears automatically after logging in...
  7. Could not reconnect all network drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could not reconnect all network drives: [ATTACH] I'm suddenly seeing a warning when I sign on to Windows 10. The warning is "Could not reconnect all network drives" followed by "Click here to check the status of your network drives". Notification I also notice a new icon in the notification area of my...
  8. Error reconnecting network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error reconnecting network drives: I tried several of the fixes posted including the one by Andre for Directly on July 11th 2018, to reconnect my WD My Cloud drive. This was a bit out of date but I seemed to get through yet no reconnection. This seems to have been a constant problem with Windows since...
  9. Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives

Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives: I've mapped OneDrive to use it as a backup storage per instruction here, but I get the said error every time I reboot. So I wrote a simple batch script to remap automatically when I logon to Windows. Usage: MapOneDrive.cmd [Number of checks] "[IPv4 to ping]" "[Drive...
  10. Could not reconnect all network drives with FCU

Could not reconnect all network drives with FCU: Well, its back. I had really good luck with auto connecting of shares at windows runtime, but now, I get the dreaded "Could not reconnect all network drives" at startup Brand new build, its stupid fast on startup (NVME SSD), and I'm trying to figure out if its indeed a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not reconnect all network drives event id

2. could not reconnect all network drives upon restart error

3. could not reconnect all network drives fix 2018