Windows 10: Could Not Reconnect All shared network Drives in Windows 10 after update from 1803 to 1809

Discus and support Could Not Reconnect All shared network Drives in Windows 10 after update from 1803 to 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently update all CPU of my office from Windows 10 version 1803 to 1809 and since that, all mapped drives could not reconnect automatically when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicolasHeeraman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Could Not Reconnect All shared network Drives in Windows 10 after update from 1803 to 1809

I recently update all CPU of my office from Windows 10 version 1803 to 1809 and since that, all mapped drives could not reconnect automatically when users logged on or reboot the CPU. If you go to this PC and open the drives, they can see the contents. Due to the fact that some programs depends on some mapped drives, I had to ask users to open the drives manually in this PC before starting to work every times. Any solution for that issue? Thanks

:)

NicolasHeeraman, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Cr00zng Win User

1803 breaks network drives?

The 1809 update changed how the shared resources are connected, when compared to 1803 version. I'd like to say that 1809 is the same as it had been in 1709, but I have not finished testing it yet.

You should look at the excellent tutorial how to share resources in Windows 10, especially, if you're having issues:

Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

PS: I've updated my system last week to 1803 and the system had similar issues as yours. That issue seem to disappeared, when my PC accidentally updated to version 1809, forgot to set the policy of delaying feature updates...

Cr00zng, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    1809 breaks network browsing?

I tend to disagree... On a small network the master browser refresh shouldn't take long. In my case, 4-6 hours should have been sufficient for refreshing the master browser list. Also, up to version 1709 feature update, there had been no issues with shared resources; viewing the network shares was instantaneous after the feature update. There had been no changes required in network setting and/or resetting the network.

The first sign of issues showed up with version 1803 and version 1809 made it even worse. At least for now, the version 1809 PC can browse the network shares hosted on version 1803 PC, rolled back from 1809.

In all fairness, this is probably well know changes for experts in this forums with appropriate tutorial posted for resolution. My encounter with these issues is due to the fact, that these systems had been updated to version 1803 couple of weeks ego and accidentally updating to 1809 this week.

Cr00zng, Oct 16, 2018
  4. ZecretW Win User

Could Not Reconnect All shared network Drives in Windows 10 after update from 1803 to 1809

windows update version 1803

Hi guys,

sorry to hijack the thread.

I have the same issue and MS suggest to hide the 1803 update and wait for the 1809.

But in the "wuhowhide" software, the update 1803 is not listed.

The result is an infinit loop of update, restart, rollback, update, restart, rollback.....

Also, how do I share the OneDrive folder when I do not have the "Share a OneDrive link" alternative in the right click menu.

Please advice.

ZecretW, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Could Not Reconnect All shared network Drives in Windows 10 after update from 1803 to 1809

1. Could Not Reconnect All shared network Drives in Windows 10 after update from 1803 to 1809 - Similar Threads - Reconnect shared network

2. How to turn on or off Could not reconnect all network drives notifications

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Could not reconnect all network drives notifications: If Windows is unable to connect a mapped network drive, it shows a notification. If you are aware of the problem and want to turn off the Could not reconnect all network drives notifications on Windows 10, here is what you have to do. It appears automatically after logging in...
  3. Could not reconnect all network drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could not reconnect all network drives: [ATTACH] I'm suddenly seeing a warning when I sign on to Windows 10. The warning is "Could not reconnect all network drives" followed by "Click here to check the status of your network drives". Notification I also notice a new icon in the notification area of my...
  4. Windows 10 update to 1809 (from 1803)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update to 1809 (from 1803): I get this error message: Windows update could not be installed because of error 2359302 "" (Command line: ""C:\WINDOWS\system32\wusa.exe"...
  5. Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update: My network drives have been working great, UNTIL the most recent update. Actually it is the shortcuts to the network drives that will not work, even after repeated rebooting. The path to the network drive (example: \\My-Server\MyFiles) is correct. I can use the windows + R...
  6. Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809: We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they...
  7. Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809: We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they...
  8. Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives

Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives: I've mapped OneDrive to use it as a backup storage per instruction here, but I get the said error every time I reboot. So I wrote a simple batch script to remap automatically when I logon to Windows. Usage: MapOneDrive.cmd [Number of checks] "[IPv4 to ping]" "[Drive...
  9. Could not reconnect all network drives with FCU

Could not reconnect all network drives with FCU: Well, its back. I had really good luck with auto connecting of shares at windows runtime, but now, I get the dreaded "Could not reconnect all network drives" at startup Brand new build, its stupid fast on startup (NVME SSD), and I'm trying to figure out if its indeed a...
  10. Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup

Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup: Well I thought I had this problem solved! I had the same exact issue running Windows 7 so I upgraded to 10. It worked for a few times and now each time I restart, the 3 mapped drives I have show the dreaded RED X. This pc worked perfectly prior to me installing a new Samsung...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 could not reconnect all drives red cross

2. cant mapping network drive after 1803

3. lost mapped drives in windows 10 after 1809 update red x permissions

4. windows 10 after restart network drive red x 1803