Windows 10: Could not stop 1809 install and looking for advice to back out

Discus and support Could not stop 1809 install and looking for advice to back out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was reading about this update while it was installing and read about many of the issues people were having. It was too late for me to stop the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NDA Clokwork, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Could not stop 1809 install and looking for advice to back out

I was reading about this update while it was installing and read about many of the issues people were having. It was too late for me to stop the install but it got to the point where I needed to restart my computer to update and I did not. I’m still on 1803 (so it seems) but I am wondering if there is a way to remove any remants of what may have already installed?

:)

NDA Clokwork, Jan 8, 2019

2. Stop Windows 10 upgrade install after files already dowloaded

Hi Amir,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you follow the below steps in order to stop installing Windows 10.

• Click on Start.

• Type: view installed updates

• Hit Enter

• Look through the list for the
      KB3035583 update.

• Right click it and click Uninstall.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 8, 2019
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Depth Win User

Could not stop 1809 install and looking for advice to back out

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Could not stop 1809 install and looking for advice to back out

1. Could not stop 1809 install and looking for advice to back out - Similar Threads - stop 1809 install

2. Looking for some tech advice.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for some tech advice.: Hey /r/windows10, Time to use this subreddit for some tech support rather than just getting neat tools I'll never use. Trying to help out my uncle with his PC and I am running into an issue that I cannot find a solution for. Their computer freezes randomly, while using it...
  3. Looking for advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for advice: Hi guys, hope y’all are doing good Can you please tell me if there’s a way to speed up windows 10? My pc has been sluggish those days and crashes a lot I have an HP laptop with intel celeron and 4 gb RAM submitted by /u/Neko-Raijin [link] [comments]...
  4. Looking for installation advice. OS/Motherboard+CPU.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looking for installation advice. OS/Motherboard+CPU.: So I am getting a new motherboard and cpu in a few days, going from a i5-7500 to a Ryzen 7 3700x, and when I go to format and install windows 10 64 bit home edition, should I disconnect my non-os SSD till the OS is installed and updated? The OS is going on a SSD, while my...
  5. Looking for some advice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Looking for some advice: What should I do when u get this error, c:\$SysReset\Scatch\Csrss.ex? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-some-advice/3f27847c-e942-49ef-b290-be91c9418fb4
  6. Looking for some Antivirus Advice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking for some Antivirus Advice: I'd like to use a Free one before I decide if I'd like to pay for the Full Version. I'd like an Antivirus w/a good reputation, that can stop tracking cookies & pop-ups, somewhat fast but very thorough scans w/easy to read & understand results-that can also be copied to a...
  7. How to stop / back out interrupted install of 1809?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop / back out interrupted install of 1809?: I have 3 computers running Win 10 1803. On all 3 I've got the Windows Update Group Policiy to not automatically download and install maintenance. One of the computers is a test PC I use for first installs of maintenance or new software. It is usually not powered up. Several...
  8. Looking for software/app advice.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for software/app advice.....: I work in the transportation industry and we have to keep a list of when and where our trucks are loading and unloading. There are 3 of us that use this information. We currently keep 3 different lists on 3 different yellow legal pads. The problem is that when one of us make...
  9. Looking For Advice on Fiber Install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking For Advice on Fiber Install: Hi folks, This Saturday, I'm getting UVerse 1000 laid in at my house. It will actually drop my AT&T bill by $20. I'm assuming that they provide the home router and other needed equipment, but I was wondering if there is anything I should upgrade. My PC has a gigabit...
  10. Looking for advice or suggestion.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for advice or suggestion.: I own a windows10 tablet... from the Microsoft store could you please recommend a battery status/usage/monitor app that is legit? 103193