Windows 10: Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...

Discus and support Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month at least... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DolaaZ, Mar 11, 2023.

1. DolaaZ Win User

Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...

Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month at least

:)

DolaaZ, Mar 11, 2023

2. RAM went bad after power outage?

In our country we get power outages regularly, where i live power outage occurs at list once a week, but sometimes several times during the day or week. The thing that baffles me is its been like this for many years and i have never used a surge protector, tho i have thought of buying one.

Good thing is despite all the outages, i have never had any electrical appliance damaged. But normally when the power goes out most people switch off power from the wall sockets just to be safe

Protagonist, Mar 11, 2023
  3. Alainikus Win User
    Power Outage

Hi there, I just had a power outage and i'm worried that my windows installation will be damaged. I have an SSD. Should there be any steps I should do now? What should I check?

Alainikus, Mar 11, 2023
  4. MisterEd Win User

Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...

Power Outage or hardware?

I used to leave that option enabled until one day I saw the power fluctuating off and on several times in a second or two at a time. Realizing the potential harm to my computer and its hard drives I tried to remember to disable that option. Then when the computer powered off do to a power outage or brownout I didn't power it back on until I figured it was safe to do so.

MisterEd, Mar 11, 2023
Thema:

1. Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month... - Similar Threads - power outage harm

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  5. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  6. PC issues after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC issues after power outage: Hey peeps, I was gaming and my power flickered but my pc never shutoff. I continued playing but my game almost immediately started skipping frames. I tried restarting the pc and it was still happening. The cursor was skipping even at the home desktop screen. I tried...
  7. Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...: Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month at least https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-power-outage-harm-my-pc-i-live-in-a-country/e2116046-6561-4bf7-8077-6adcec36d3c3
  8. Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month...: Could power outage harm my PC? i live in a country that we have power outage twice a month at least https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-power-outage-harm-my-pc-i-live-in-a-country/e2116046-6561-4bf7-8077-6adcec36d3c3
  9. I Hate the Power Outages

in Windows 10 Support
    I Hate the Power Outages: The reason why I hate the power outages is because using the laptops is considered the best for me. I carry my laptop for the on-the-go tasks. Plus, I am not interested in using the desktops. 160312
  10. Power outage while PC in sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power outage while PC in sleep: My PC suffered a power Outage while it was in sleep mode. When power came back, I started it up and it was running very slow, could not even get Task Master to work. Re Boot and screen message said a disk cleanup was necessary. When that did not work, went to USB startup disk...