Windows 10: Could 'Sharex' be a malware threat? how to remove?

Discus and support Could 'Sharex' be a malware threat? how to remove? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows 10, 1809, Hp desktop I discovered by accident an app that doesn't even exist in the program list, apparently it was a collaboration between MS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rickerz, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Rickerz Win User

Could 'Sharex' be a malware threat? how to remove?

windows 10, 1809, Hp desktop

I discovered by accident an app that doesn't even exist in the program list, apparently it was a collaboration between MS and Sharex, apparently bundled without the consent of the user. It's ability to 'share' local documents and the likes via many means scared the daylight out of me. So I wondered :

1. Did anyone know of attempts /success using sharex maliciously? in other word , is it possible?

2. How to remove Sharex without installing a tool to do so?

:)

Rickerz, Feb 10, 2019

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

Source: Advanced Threat Analytics security research network technical analysis: NotPetya Microsoft Secure

Brink, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Amadeus51 Win User

Malware removal

Understood, OldMike. I will keep your suggestion in mind. I always appreciate suggestions from those who know more than I do. I think the Malware did do more than one scan, because I had to approve removal of what it found twice. I don't see Windows Defender on the list of programs. I think it was on there before they redid the software. Pluto TV also disappeared.

Amadeus51, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Could 'Sharex' be a malware threat? how to remove? - Similar Threads - 'Sharex' malware threat

2. How to remove malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  3. How to remove this malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove this malware?: For the past couple of days i keep getting this .exe file which is flagged as Trojan:win32/Tigrre!rfni did defender offline scan as well as try to delete it while booted on safemode with network, as well as manually removing it, quarantine and delete, but to no avail...
  4. How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender

How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender: Dear All, I am Vinoth from Chennai. The Windows defender has found one threat in my computer. Please confirm this threat is Virus, Trojans or Malware ? and also confirm how to remove from computer....
  5. How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender: Dear All, I am Vinoth from Chennai. The Windows defender has found one threat in my computer. Please confirm this threat is Virus, Trojans or Malware ? and also confirm how to remove from computer....
  6. How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. SHAREX Question

SHAREX Question: OK, I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. However, when I start SHAREX and want to do a scrolling screen the SHAREX box is there and becomes part of the save! What am I doing wrong as I obviously do not want to have this...just the scrolling page! Is there a simple option I am...
  8. How to Remove Malware?

How to Remove Malware?: How do I delete malware in my system for pop-up with error code XLMR01F7985 [Original Title: Malware] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-malware/d95f7517-97c9-43c4-bcc4-a5cce3a56ca7
  9. Malware threats

Malware threats: I have just received two emails threatening me with the elimination of all of my data if I do not provide 900 Euros in bit coin. How can I verify that this is a legitimate threat and how did it pass through Defender' protection, if valid?...
  10. ShareX

ShareX: The powerful ShareX screen capturing/sharing tool is now available in the Windows Store. [img] Get in the Store or Download Desktop App 91729