Windows 10: Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

Discus and support Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When booting up, my PC goes to a blue screen and the message "Just a moment" is displayed. Nothing happens for hours and I have to do a hard power down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by V E_402, Oct 31, 2022.

1. V E_402 Win User

Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

When booting up, my PC goes to a blue screen and the message "Just a moment" is displayed. Nothing happens for hours and I have to do a hard power down and restart. I ran Chkdsk and received the following in Event Viewer. Could someone please advise what this means and what could be causing this issue.Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot. Checking file system on \Device\HarddiskVolume3Volume label is Windows.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure&

:)

V E_402, Oct 31, 2022

2. there are no chkdsk logs in event viewer

i have run a few chkdsk commands on my hdd and on a few usb sticks, however i can't find any log in the event viewer regarding the chkdsk output.

the commands complete successfully (as i see in the CMD window), it's only the logs that never appear in the event viewer.

Alexios Gk, Oct 31, 2022
  3. Vlastimil Win User
    How to read the latest Chkdsk event viewer log in PowerShell (on Windows 10)?

As I find it rather cumbersome to run Event Viewer and filter out the latest Chkdsk log, may I poke a question:

How to read the latest Chkdsk event viewer log in PowerShell (on Windows 10)?

My humble requirements for the solution:

• It has to be done in PowerShell (not ISE, normal PowerShell terminal).
    • It has to be done without Administrator privileges (to save some mouse clicks).

Important notes:

• I mean the Chkdsk scheduled at boot for the system drive, usually C:.
    • Apart from the log, it should output the date and time, if possible.

Vlastimil, Oct 31, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

If I use this path it doesn't work:

Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log [​IMG]

If I use this path then it works fine:

Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log [​IMG]

Callender, Oct 31, 2022
Thema:

1. Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log - Similar Threads - someone please assist

2. Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log: When booting up, my PC goes to a blue screen and the message "Just a moment" is displayed. Nothing happens for hours and I have to do a hard power down and restart. I ran Chkdsk and received the following in Event Viewer. Could someone please advise what this means and what...
  3. Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log: When booting up, my PC goes to a blue screen and the message "Just a moment" is displayed. Nothing happens for hours and I have to do a hard power down and restart. I ran Chkdsk and received the following in Event Viewer. Could someone please advise what this means and what...
  4. Quick Assist Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist Event Viewer error: Each time the updated QA app is launched this Event Viewer error appears. That wasn't the case with the original Quick Assist.0x800702E4: Cannot create the process for package MicrosoftCorporationII.QuickAssist_2.0.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwebecause an error was encountered while...
  5. How to find ChkDsk results in Event Viewer logs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find ChkDsk results in Event Viewer logs in Windows 10: We run ChkDsk on our computer systems to find and fix the errors. After completing the scanning, the chkdsk results are saved in Event Viewer. You can read the chkdsk results in the Event Viewer with some clicks. In the case of corruption, sudden power failure, etc., Windows...
  6. chkdsk and event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk and event viewer: chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months). 171334
  7. chkdsk and event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    chkdsk and event viewer: chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months). 171334
  8. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  9. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...
  10. Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Event Viewer Log for Chkdsk (Check Disk) in Windows 10 [img] Information Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by...