Windows 10: Could the future of Android be Windows?

Discus and support Could the future of Android be Windows? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The many failings of Google's operating system have already been fixed in Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile ecosystem. Could Redmond possibly have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Could the future of Android be Windows?

Read more: Could the future of Android be Windows? | ZDNet

Brink, Aug 31, 2016
  2. Superfly Win User

That article is a load of bunk... Android has to cater for the fastest evolving, most competitive tech. industry ... obviously there will be a lag in adoption due to diversity - I doubt very much Windows phone can take advantage of that "problem" - cross-development would be in MS better interests....as with Office.

:)

Superfly, Aug 31, 2016
  3. volkfm Win User
    Android OS, Project Astoria and the future of WP10

Hello, dear community.

I'm really curious about windows 10 mobile's future and microsoft's policy at all!

First of all, I want to know can i install any version of Android on my Lumia 640?

The second question is "What the **** with you, microsoft?!". you closed project Astoria only because android apps were unstable and laggy?! whole windows 10 mobile is unstable and laggy, but you still didn't close it.

well, i'm ok with Astoria. but why you closed here transit (and didn't add the same features to maps app) and mixradio (which was completely free and now replaced by non-free groove music pass)?

and finally the third question. I was on release build of W10M and it had really critical bugs. Now I'm on fast ring build (14322) and it has critical bugs too...Which version of WP should i use? and why should i use WP at all? why I can't (of course if
    I really can't do it) simply use android on my lumia?

volkfm, Aug 31, 2016
  4. Could the future of Android be Windows?

Will touch screen be the way of future communicator?

Hi,

am I very alone if I find it rather unfortunate that mobile manufacturers tend to build more and more touchscreen-ish handsets and less with old-fashioned keys?

I also have a mobile, though not from Nokia, with a touchscreen and I don´t like it at all.

It may be that by not using space for an old-fashioned keyboard, manufacturers are able to put more electronics into their handsets and they can consequently do more and more, but how do you manage to write a text message of more than 160 ciphers (corresponding
    to >1 regular text) with that steel pen without going postal?

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Aug 31, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    it is a big Mistake to compare a Phone with a Powerful Working Station with Professional Tools. Google has no Market on Business Market, they have "just for fun" things. I think the "Store" main Idea is a big business, 1 Million people buying 1$ and MS get 50% of it is real inviting, but they are opening the Door to their Special Market to Google. May be Google will come up with a WIN32 compatible Platform and MS is just Dead!

Adalwar, Aug 31, 2016
  6. One way to get more "Mobile" devices out there would be to port it to run on the raspberry Pi. Then let those enthusiasts have at it. App development could pick up too. Pi's are already running ARM processors.
    Getting back on topic, I agree, that's just bunk. Apples and oranges.

alphanumeric, Aug 31, 2016
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    From article:
    Remember in 2013 when Google security researchers said that companies should fix critical vulnerabilities within 60 days, but they believed security researchers should only to give companies 7 days to fix actively exploited critical vulnerabilities before going full public disclosure? Their reasoning was "The reason for this special designation is that each day an actively exploited vulnerability remains undisclosed to the public and unpatched, more computers will be compromised."

I often wonder whether their internal policies are as supportive of the same policy when it comes to Android devices? Or do they still support the disclosure policy, but just ignore the fact that a large percentage of Android end users will just never get those vulnerabilities patched and therefore remain open to those exploits?

ARC1020, Sep 1, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

God I sincerely hope not. Although you can't really compare the two, Android is far superior for what it does and is a good performer. I would not want to see Windows on my phone, leave it on the desktop where it belongs.

That article is so biased.

swarfega, Sep 1, 2016
  9. Well Google purchased Android along time ago and their intentions wasn't for phones. If Google wanted to come up with a WIN32 compatible platform they would have already done it.

orlbuckeye, Sep 1, 2016
  10. Adalwar Win User
    I believe that at the end Windows will be not good for Phones, neither good for Desktops, crap for both. That is what will happen.

Adalwar, Sep 2, 2016
  11. gtspeck Win User
    I doubt android will go with Microsoft. Android moves to fast to stay on top*really

gtspeck, Sep 2, 2016
  12. TheZeeMan Win User
    Actually Samsung thought of this awhile back last year...whether its the mobile or native 32-Bit OS, it's probably a lot closer than you think. Also, google does not own any android phone besides the nexus, it's up to the manufacturers what OS they are putting on it, but the mobile market is so stale now (we're on 7th generation of phones) there's nothing new, look at the lack of the iPhone 7 hype. You know how you have the choice to use whatever OS you want on your computer (besides Apple)? Why not have the choice to put whatever OS you want on your phone?

Could the future of Android be Windows? [​IMG]

Could the future of Android be Windows? [​IMG]

TheZeeMan, Sep 6, 2016
  13. Mansome Win User

Microsoft has no one to blame but themselves. They were late to the mobile party and they half-assed their phones and dropped support after promising too much. Windows 10 for mobile had so much potential but they have to have a phone with a stylus to make this work. If they can make something on par with the Samsung Note series(minus the exploding phones) they will have a chance. Other than that its epic phail right out of the gate.

Mansome, Sep 8, 2016
  14. Mystere Win User
    Windows 10 already runs on Raspberry Pi (and has for quite some time), it's called Windows 10 IoT edition.

Develop Windows 10 IoT apps on Raspberry Pi 3 and Arduino - Windows IoT

Mystere, Sep 9, 2016
  15. Mystere Win User
    While I agree that they have no one to blame but themselves, the reasons for Windows 10 Mobile's lack of sales are more rooted in the fact that there are only a few phones you can buy it on, and that's 100% microsoft's marketing problem.

The actual hardware they produced was NOT "half assed", it was quite good. But, Microsoft's hardware division does not work on the same cycle that Samsung and LG work on. There's 20 new Samsung and LG phones every 6 months. You get 3 new Microsoft phones every 2 years.

Mystere, Sep 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Could the future of Android be Windows? - Similar Threads - future Android

2. How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?: How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-correct-file-created-dates-in-the-future/efa53ec8-0868-4e01-a3c2-de16027d6e51
  3. How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?: How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-correct-file-created-dates-in-the-future/efa53ec8-0868-4e01-a3c2-de16027d6e51
  4. How do I correct file created dates in the future 2080 in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  6. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...: over the past 2 days for now, I've been seeing a WindowsErrorReporting event in Applications, going by the event name of StoreAgentDownloadFailure1there are no failed updates or any WindowsUpdateClient events in the System logs at all when these occur, but by checking the...
  7. Will This Failing MicrosoftWindowsStore Update Block Me From Receiving Future Cumulative...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Android future is secured: Amazon Appstore will support App Bundles: When Microsoft announced the upcoming operating system Windows 11, it revealed that users of its operating system would be able to install and use Android applications on the device. The company was not talking about its Your Phone app and application mirroring technique,...
  9. Google Shaping the future of mobile with Android at MWC19

in Windows 10 News
    Google Shaping the future of mobile with Android at MWC19: Android's mission has always been to work closely with a broad and open ecosystem of partners to push the boundaries of hardware and software, bringing new experiences and capabilities to your mobile device. Together with manufacturers, carriers, chipset makers and...
  10. Steve Ballmer thinks the future of Windows Phone is Android

in Windows 10 News
    Steve Ballmer thinks the future of Windows Phone is Android: Windows 10 Mobile has barely launched, and Microsoft's former chief executive is already burying it—though in doing so, he may be pointing toward a better way forward for the company. At the Microsoft shareholder conference this week, Bloomberg reporter Dina Bass was in...