Windows 10: Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update?

Discus and support Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Earlier today, I opened the task manager and I thought I ended the Windows Explorer task but I must've clicked something by mistake because my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CharlieWard1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update?

Earlier today, I opened the task manager and I thought I ended the Windows Explorer task but I must've clicked something by mistake because my screen went black and, after I closed Chrome, I just had a black screen and cursor. I held the power button to shut down my PC. When I rebooted it, on the HP screen before it booted into Windows, it said it needed to update (this was weird and I'd never seen it before). It turned out to be a BIOS update, and I've only heard horror stories about BIOS updates, so I was nervous. I let it do it's thing, and after a while, my PC rebooted. When I went to sign in, it said my pin didn't work and I needed to change it. I changed it, and everything seems to be fine, but I still have a few questions.

1. Is it AT ALL POSSIBLE that my PC will run slower after this BIOS update?

2. Is it possible that I lost any files or data?

3. Is there any action I should take to optimize my PC?

If you need to know more about my exact PC, here is the link:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Pavilion-Gaming-Laptop-15-6-Full-HD-Intel-Core-i5-8300H-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-Graphics-1TB-HDD-8GB-SDRAM-15-cx0056wm/483750580?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=2238&adid=22222222227235910888&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=279302028857&wl4=pla-467362780728&wl5=9017521&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=483750580&wl13=2238&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoo7gBRDuARIsANeJKUZR-lQnvYdw7cskGpEldhaL2snKixhe2zud0Cw4jWUfYnb8zvspsnEaAi7rEALw_wcB

Thank you.

:)

CharlieWard1, Jan 13, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jan 13, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update?

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update?

1. Could there be a problem with my PC after a BIOS update? - Similar Threads - problem BIOS update

2. Problem, after bios update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem, after bios update.: After, updating my HP laptop, the bios caused the audio to be much louder, I made sure it wasn't my drivers and it started after my bios updated, I rolled back my drivers, updated them nothing....
  3. Problem, after bios update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem, after bios update.: After, updating my HP laptop, the bios caused the audio to be much louder, I made sure it wasn't my drivers and it started after my bios updated, I rolled back my drivers, updated them nothing....
  4. The TPM could not be initialized after BIOS update

in Windows 10 News
    The TPM could not be initialized after BIOS update: [ATTACH]If after a BIOS update on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and you boot your system but after the BIOS splash screen you receive the error message The TPM could not be initialized which prevents you from either continuing to boot the OS or getting to setup...
  5. problems after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems after bios update: Yesterday i installed the new asus bios update, and after thsat things havent been good. random boot loops, ssd for some reason running on 0% or 1% reading, and games starting and then randomly crashing. first minecraft then battlefield which didnt happen before. and the...
  6. problems after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems after bios update: Yesterday i installed the new asus bios update, and after thsat things havent been good. random boot loops, ssd for some reason running on 0% or 1% reading, and games starting and then randomly crashing. first minecraft then battlefield which didnt happen before. and the...
  7. problems after bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC bricks after Bios Update

in Windows 10 Support
    PC bricks after Bios Update: I have an MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi board with a Ryzen 9 3900x Overclocked to 4.47ghz. Main display is on a Gigabyte 2080Ti and the other 2 are on a Radeon RX580. Windows 10 on an nvme m.2 Using MSI Dragon Center to download and install updates will reach 100% and reboot but...
  9. Hibernation Problem after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation Problem after BIOS update: when I hibernate my laptop, it doesn't power off. Instead it just locks the current user and turns the display off. On pressing any key on the keyboard, it turns back on. This started happening after a bios update....
  10. My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My BIOS auto updated, could Windows do that?: Hi all, I'm a bit concerned that my PC might have some malicious software installed on it. Last night as I tuned on my laptop, that I saw was my motherboard menu saying that it is updating my BIOS. The update completed and then Windows started normally. After all these...