Windows 10: Could these be some of Windows 12's system requirements?

Discus and support Could these be some of Windows 12's system requirements? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has not announced Windows 12 officially, but the company is expected to release a new version off Windows in the second half of 2024. First... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 27, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Could these be some of Windows 12's system requirements?

Microsoft has not announced Windows 12 officially, but the company is expected to release a new version off Windows in the second half of 2024.

First rumors about Windows 12 came to light in early 2022. While Microsoft did not confirm any of these, publications like Deskmodder claimed that the information was coming from unnamed sources at Microsoft.

Some of the major changes were revealed back then, and while some made sense, others did not. The Microsoft Pluton requirement, for instance, would shut out the majority of PCs from upgrading to Windows 12; this would affect even more devices than the upgrade to Windows 11.

Another leak, this one in March 2023, suggested that Windows 12 could be released in the second half of 2024. The release date makes a lot of sense, considering that the currently dominating operating system, Windows 10, will run out of support in late 2025. Windows 12 would have a full year to mature.

Windows 12 system requirements

Could these be some of Windows 12's system requirements? How-to-change-Windows-10s-Wallpaper-without-activation-scaled.jpg

Regarding system requirements, it is more or less clear that Microsoft won't relax the system requirements of its Windows 12 operating system. While that would allow more Windows 10 devices to upgrade to the new operating system, it would at the same time sabotage Microsoft's reasoning for changing them for Windows 11.

Microsoft argued that the new system requirements would improve performance and security of Windows 11 devices, when compared to previous versions of the Windows operating system.

Our colleagues over at Deskmodder claim that they have received information about some of Windows 12's system requirements. According to them, Microsoft won't make its security chip Pluton a requirement for Windows 12; this makes a lot of sense, as it would limit upgrades significantly. First devices with Pluton shipped in early 2022.

Microsoft plans to keep the current TPM, Trusted Platform Module, requirements. The RAM requirements could increase to 8 gigabytes, which Deskmodder suggests could be because of Microsoft's Cloud PC service. Processor requirements won't change as well.

To sum it up:

• CPU: stays the same.
    • RAM: may be increased to 8 gigabytes (from 4)
    • Pluton: optional
    • TPM: same as Windows 11.
    • Storage: not mentioned, Windows 11 requires 64 gigabytes at leasst.

If these requirements are correct, Microsoft would ensure that the majority of Windows 11 devices are compatible with Windows 12. RAM is the only major change, and most systems may have the capacities for RAM upgrades. For Windows 10 devices, the situation stays more or less the same.

Those incompatible with Windows 11 won't be compatible with Windows 12 either. It remains to be seen if Microsoft allows the Windows 11 installation requirement bypasses to work on Windows 12 as well, or if it will block those or make it more difficult for users to bypass them.

Microsoft has not confirmed any of this, and this should be filed under rumor for now.

Now You: what would you like to see in Windows 12?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Could these be some of Windows 12's system requirements? appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 27, 2023
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 27, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 27, 2023
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Could these be some of Windows 12's system requirements? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

1. Could these be some of Windows 12's system requirements? - Similar Threads - 12's system requirements

2. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  3. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  4. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Still doesn't meet the system requirements for some reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still doesn't meet the system requirements for some reason.: I've been trying to boot Windows 11 on a fresh PC, all the hardware meets the requirements but it still wont install. I've gone into the BIOS and enabled UEFI, TPM 2.0, secure boot but it still doesn't work. Getting a bit frustrated....
  6. Still doesn't meet the system requirements for some reason.

Still doesn't meet the system requirements for some reason.: I've been trying to boot Windows 11 on a fresh PC, all the hardware meets the requirements but it still wont install. I've gone into the BIOS and enabled UEFI, TPM 2.0, secure boot but it still doesn't work. Getting a bit frustrated....
  7. system requirements

system requirements: i got a message of this pc doesn't currently meet all the system requirements for windows 11. I downloaded pc health check, and ran it and find the tpm 2.0 is not activated. I activated the tpm in the bios and ran the pc health check app again and every thing was ok. the...
  8. Minecraft Required DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Required DirectX 12: i have directx 12 i want tto download minecraft win 10 edition i own it but it has block sign on install button it says need directx version 11 i have 12 please help [Original Title: help]...
  9. Windows 10's System Image requirements for hard drive and other information required

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10's System Image requirements for hard drive and other information required: Hi, I want to perform "Windows 10's System Image" of my PC. Question 1: The destination hard disk on which the System Image will be saved, does it have to be formatted? Is the System Image stored in a single/simple folder? Is the System Image stored in a simple...
  10. Microsoft could bring some of Windows 10’s Fluent elements to Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could bring some of Windows 10’s Fluent elements to Chromium: Microsoft has successfully migrated Edge from EdgeHTML to Chromium. Microsoft is now trying to bring some of the classic Edge features to Chromium, one of the priorities could be to implement Fluent Design in the Chromium-based browsers. Today, we discovered a few commits by...