Windows 10: Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?

Discus and support Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all - I was given a Gateway GM-5260 Desktop circa early 2007 and just thought that if it could run W10 Pro, I could use it for something light.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Compumind, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?

Compumind, Mar 15, 2019

2. Right click hangs system - Windows 10 PRO X64

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to
    run System Maintenance troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow the steps below to run System Maintenance troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Troubleshooter in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Select System Maintenance under System options.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Safe Mode.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advance Option.
    • Select Startup Repair.
    • Follow the on Screen instruction.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?

2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892) - MS Surface 3

I have an MS Surface 3 (Not Pro) running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, v1709 (Build 16299.15). When I search for updates, it wants to install 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892). It fails with Error
    0x80070002.

I tried manually downloading the Delta and Cumulative updates and installing manually, but they fail stating it is not for my system.

How can I either:

• Get this update to install, or
    • If it is not compatible, tell Update to not install it and ignore the update?

I have tried:

• Clearing the SoftwareDistribution folders and Catroot2 several times
    • Running the Windows Update troubleshooter
    • Every step in troubleshooting including try to run the Media Creation Tool
    • Factory reset, including deleting all files and apps
    After the Factory reset, updates applied but it again failed on 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892) with Error 0x80070002.

RobertBritton2, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?

1. Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64? - Similar Threads - system run Pro

2. Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) won't run. W10 Pro X64 17763.292

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) won't run. W10 Pro X64 17763.292: When I start WPA, it opens and immediately closes. Reliability monitor has this: Code: Source Windows Performance Analyzer Summary Stopped working Date ‎1/‎26/‎2019 1:47 PM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows...
  3. windows 10 pro system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro system: I ran the dism and returned error 14091(the name of an attribute in an identity is not within the legal range) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-system/67611239-06ec-4b5d-b37d-c5820277c879
  4. Windows 10 x64 Pro userprofile will not load

Windows 10 x64 Pro userprofile will not load: After the desaster of the 3 october update I did a system recovery. After that the computer tries continu to install windows 10 and after that I get a blue screen with the remark logout or shut. Both options don't work and the computer is in a loop and tries to install...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64: I just purchased the upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I did not seem to get an activation/product key, but there is an "Install" button where the "Buy" button was, but what do I do when it asks for a product key? This is on a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series that I purchased new with...
  6. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Windows 10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Windows 10 Pro x64: Got three BSOD in a row... Can you guys help me identify the culprit? https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuYYOvG0pkWOgrkwkJhyNF2N5NQVmw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bsod-irqlnotlessorequal-windows-10-pro-x64/ab9ee8ba-fb7d-42f3-a3ba-a4ed379b1e26
  7. Windows 10 Pro x64 BSOD [special]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro x64 BSOD [special]: So I am currently experimenting with XenServer and GPU Passthrough, that's why there is a [special] thingy So I am having this problem with my VM with GPU passthrough running on XenServer. The BSOD says something like: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(nvlddmkm.sys)...
  8. Windows 10 Pro x64 : Not loading Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro x64 : Not loading Windows Update: Hello, I just did a clean install after activating a upgrade install of Windows 10 and I'm having a weird problem. My Windows Update area isnt loading any listed updates and only shows the loading dots at the top. I also can't access the advanced options either. Has anyone...
  9. Mapped Drives on Windows 10 Pro x64

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Drives on Windows 10 Pro x64: Good day! OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 under domain Ms Server 2016 i just want to ask a small favor if anyone can help me. we are using domain in out network and we have all security and policy. when the user login to his laptop all has been set but there's one thing...
  10. 8.1 Pro-x64 to 10 Pro-x64 locked out after upgrade cannot downgrade

8.1 Pro-x64 to 10 Pro-x64 locked out after upgrade cannot downgrade: I was running 8.1 Pro on a cheap Acer box (i3 + 8gb ddr3 + 512gb SSD) as Administrator. I had forgotten that once upon a time I had the machine hooked up to a TV --which means that I had created a user "TV User" probably with the password in the "hint" or "forgot password"...