Windows 10: Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?

Discus and support Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all - I was given a Gateway GM-5260 Desktop circa early 2007 and just thought that if it could run W10 Pro, I could use it for something light.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Compumind, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?

Compumind, Mar 15, 2019

2. Right click hangs system - Windows 10 PRO X64

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to
    run System Maintenance troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow the steps below to run System Maintenance troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Troubleshooter in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Select System Maintenance under System options.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Safe Mode.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advance Option.
    • Select Startup Repair.
    • Follow the on Screen instruction.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?

2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892) - MS Surface 3

I have an MS Surface 3 (Not Pro) running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, v1709 (Build 16299.15). When I search for updates, it wants to install 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892). It fails with Error
    0x80070002.

I tried manually downloading the Delta and Cumulative updates and installing manually, but they fail stating it is not for my system.

How can I either:

• Get this update to install, or
    • If it is not compatible, tell Update to not install it and ignore the update?

I have tried:

• Clearing the SoftwareDistribution folders and Catroot2 several times
    • Running the Windows Update troubleshooter
    • Every step in troubleshooting including try to run the Media Creation Tool
    • Factory reset, including deleting all files and apps
    After the Factory reset, updates applied but it again failed on 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892) with Error 0x80070002.

RobertBritton2, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64?

1. Could this system run Windows 10 Pro, x64? - Similar Threads - system run Pro

2. Windows 10 Pro x64 update to 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro x64 update to 21H2: Hi All,I'm having software problems and the vendor wants me to update to 21H2. Windows Update does not offer me that update. So I went to the update catalog to do a manual installation, but it's not clear to me which file to download.Can anyone tell me exactly which file to...
  3. Windows 10 x64 setup run error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 x64 setup run error: I have downloaded all the stuff needed to install the Windows10 x64 version. But whenever I try to run the setup, it shows error saying 'the setup can't run because you need to be on a windows 64 bit version'. Can you help with some suggestions? I can't re-download all that...
  4. windows 10 pro x64 v2004 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 pro x64 v2004 installation: I installed windows 10 pro v 2004 x64 as clean install from booting from USB win10 iso to install in second SSD drive (first drive has same win10 version installed which I want to remove) The installation completed successfully on rebooting I found the option of dual windows...
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 on a system with 4 CPU's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 on a system with 4 CPU's: Hi! I know that Win10Pro only supports 2 CPU's - however, I managed to install it on a Dell PowerEdge R815, with 4 AMD Opteron CPU's, with 16 cores each. In the System information, it says that the system only have 2 CPU's, and only 32 cores are detected - however, in...
  6. Could not install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems...

Could not install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems...: Hello there! I am having problems while installing Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4560960. Here's what i got from Settings:[ATTACH] Could someone help me?...
  7. Windows 10 X64 Pro Rel 1909 Build 18363 No System Reserve

Windows 10 X64 Pro Rel 1909 Build 18363 No System Reserve: Question? I just built a new Windows 10 Pro System off a 1909 ISO DVD. This system was built on a 128GB SSD. When I went into Manage Disk Management, to check the partition build, I noticed there there is no System Reserve Area, just the New Volume "C", for 119GB NTFS,...
  8. Windows 10 X64 Pro Release 1909 System Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 X64 Pro Release 1909 System Protection: I volunteer my times at a local high school gifting laptops to students. Last week after 9 years I gifted my 1,000 laptop. My question deals with cloning software. I built a hard drive and a SSD with high school software which includes Windows 10 X64 Pro. After cloning each...
  9. Windows 10 x64 pro crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 x64 pro crashes: My Windows 10 x64 repeatedly crashes. The event viewer states Level: Critical, Source: Kernel-Power, Event ID 41 Category 63, the XML view details: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> + <System> <Provider...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64: I just purchased the upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I did not seem to get an activation/product key, but there is an "Install" button where the "Buy" button was, but what do I do when it asks for a product key? This is on a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series that I purchased new with...