Windows 10: Could Windows 10 Be the Last Stand-Alone Windows Release?

Discus and support Could Windows 10 Be the Last Stand-Alone Windows Release? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft finally shared more details about Windows 10 in a press conference on Wednesday, and in addition to all those great features that will come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 21, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Could Windows 10 Be the Last Stand-Alone Windows Release?

More

:)

labeeman, Jan 21, 2015
  2. mlg63 Win User

I have a new computer with Windows 10 and my Epson scanner V 330 now works sporadically.

Check with Epson for the drivers and scanner software for windows 10 for both units. There is win 10 software for the V330. Stand alone scanners do not run well on windows 10. You might be better off using the new model for everything. The 2 epsons could
    be conflicting depending on which one you used last. You have to install both as separate units.

mlg63, Jan 21, 2015
  3. J-Sch9 Win User
    Windows 7 Family Pack licenses and Windows 10 upgrades

"Quote from Microsoft:

Stand-alone software. If you acquired the software as stand-alone software (and also if you upgraded from software you acquired as stand-alone software), you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you.... Every time you transfer
    the software to a new device, you must remove the software from the prior device.

This pertains to retail licenses. "

I thought my Windows 7 family pack was a retail license. How could it not be considered "stand-alone software"?

And if it is a retail license, doesn't "also if you upgraded from software you acquired as stand-alone software"
    mean that I now have 3 Windows 10 retail licenses?

Note: If you answer yes, you have to tell me how I go about installing Windows 10 on a computer after the free upgrade period.

Thanks for all the help Could Windows 10 Be the Last Stand-Alone Windows Release? :)

J-Sch9, Jan 21, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I would not be surprised. In fact I expect it.. if MS can get the upgrade to work well for the release of Win10 I'm game for it.

BunnyJ, Jan 21, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    I'm not sure why this is suddenly a huge surprise, as when the first preview was released this was already being talked about on the official blogs. News flash, someone says something that was said 9 months ago, suddenly news again.

Mystere, Jan 22, 2015
  6. Superfly Win User
    Eventually *Rolleyes ...get rid of the dead-wood and all's good.

Superfly, Jan 22, 2015
  7. Robinb9 Win User
    it will all depend if the upgrade goes well for windows 7 users or the likelihood of ppl upgrading will be nil. I can see 8.1 users upgrading, it is basically the same as windows 10 with a few extra features so it is less if things go wrong.

Robinb9, Jan 22, 2015
  8. Jody Thornton Win User

I kept saying this some weeks prior to the first TP release. No surprise to me at all.

Jody Thornton, Jan 23, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

There will ALWAYS have to be some type of clean install -- people forget that sometimes new hardware is actually bought these days too !!!! - whether the OEM installs windows or the end user if it's a brand new machine there will have to be an initial install.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 23, 2015
  10. adamf Win User
    You talking to me?

adamf, Jan 23, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    You talking to me? *Huh Huh??

BunnyJ, Jan 23, 2015
  12. Jody Thornton Win User
    I would agree there. Maybe in a year, you could get an OEM DVD-ROM installation that has the complete OS with the last seven revisions built right in. And then you'd have to download the last two builds to completely update your system.

Jody Thornton, Jan 23, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

I would agree there. Maybe in a year, you could get an OEM DVD-ROM installation that has the complete OS with the last seven revisions built right in. And then you'd have to download the last two builds to completely update your system. The DVD is already listed on Newegg for sale. So I suspect it will come out when the new OS is released.

BunnyJ, Jan 23, 2015
  14. Fahadking07 Win User
    Hmm. After reading this, my brain went blank Could Windows 10 Be the Last Stand-Alone Windows Release? :p

Fahadking07, Jan 23, 2015
  15. Mystere Win User
    Yes, of course there will... but what there won't be is a full on big release version like we have had in the past, more like what happened with Windows 8.1, and the various updates that followed.

What will happen is that Microsoft will release rolling updates that include all patches and new features using the "flighting" technology. New installs will start from a base, then update to the latest, and Microsoft will periodically update the base image to include the recent flights.

Mystere, Jan 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Could Windows 10 Be the Last Stand-Alone Windows Release? - Similar Threads - Last Stand Alone

2. windows 10 could not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 could not install: Hi folks, It is more than a month that I am trying to upgrade my windows 10 from actual version 1709 (OS Built 16299.64) to 1803. Windows 10 Update Assistant confirmenough space disk, etc. in my pc. Several time tried and several time failed to upgrade. The last error...
  3. Last update in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Last update in windows 10: The last unrequested update in Windows 10 took away my programs list in start menu, added some crazy apps I'm unlikely use (people , windows ink work space etc) and crowded out the tool bar at the bottom of the screen. I want my list of installed programs back in the start...
  4. Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools: The nature of Anti-virus (AV) programs is to protect your system from unauthorized changes. This often interferes with a clean uninstall of the program. To resolve this, many AV vendors provide a stand alone removal tool for their product. Read the links for your AV...
  5. Windows 10 goes BSOD when playing GTA online and Last Man Standing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 goes BSOD when playing GTA online and Last Man Standing: Hi, Ihave a computer withthe following specs : Intel Core i7 6400T with sufficient cooler Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura 1x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Zotac GTX 970 64GB M.2 SSD + 1TB Toshiba SATA Drive 400w Seasonic 80 Bronze PSU (had change to 450w FSP PSU) TP-Link WN722N...
  6. Office 2016 Confusion Click to install and stand alone versions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Confusion Click to install and stand alone versions: Hi there Windows update seems to get Office Updates into a total twist. Apparently 2 ways of installing Office -- either the "Click to Install" from Ms directly or install from the MSDN iso. If you install from the "Click to install" then updates come via clicking...
  7. Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stand alone driver for Killer networking suite?: Currently have an MSI GT80 laptop and really getting annoyed with all the slow connections, drops etc with this suite (i'm sure its the culprit as reading other reviews posts etc) and wondering how i can go about getting rid of the suite and installing a standard driver from...
  8. starting up a stand-alone .exe file during booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    starting up a stand-alone .exe file during booting: I have a stand-alone .exe file, which I would like to start automatically during booting. Putting a shortcut in the W10 startup folder does not do the job. Does this only work for installed programs? 39463
  9. Stand By

in Windows 10 Support
    Stand By: At the present my computer goes into standby automatically. How do I change it so it doesn't go into standby so I don't have to enter my password every time? I have tried everything! 2426
  10. Microsoft Now Testing Windows 10 Build 10145 for PCs, Could Be Release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Now Testing Windows 10 Build 10145 for PCs, Could Be Release: Microsoft will launch a new Windows 10 Mobile build in just a few hours, but the company is working at the same time on a new version for PCs, which could be released to users very soon. Details are yet to be provided, but Gabriel Aul, the head of the Windows Insider...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WinRE notpetya