Windows 10: Could Windows Hello disable face recognition temporarily when I lock the screen manually?

Discus and support Could Windows Hello disable face recognition temporarily when I lock the screen manually? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I press window + L. Window Hello is activated instantly. Can I Active It manual when I press any key on keyboard ?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DuyLK, Jun 14, 2020.

1. DuyLK Win User

Could Windows Hello disable face recognition temporarily when I lock the screen manually?

When I press window + L. Window Hello is activated instantly. Can I Active It manual when I press any key on keyboard ?

:)

DuyLK, Jun 14, 2020
  2. ZnPro Win User

Could Windows Hello disable face recognition temporarily when I lock the screen manually?

I'm using Surface Pro 4, the face recognition for login is convenient. Sometimes I wanna leave my laptop temporarily, but don't wanna make it sleep because some tasks(like downloading) need keep working. So I lock the screen in case someone can access to
    my laptop by pressing Win+L, but when the screen is locked, Windows Hello is activated instantly, recognizes me and unlock the screen at the same time.

Even though I jump away from my laptop quickly in case it unlocks again. When SP4 is disconnected with the charger, it will turn off the screen if it fails to find me after 15 seconds. And when SP4 is connected with the charger, it will always keep looking
    for me, and the screen keeps on.

Could you disable the face recognition and add a "turn on face recognition" button on the lock screen when users lock the screen manually by pressing Win+L? Or turn off the screen (not sleep) directly when users lock the screen manually?

ZnPro, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Could Windows Hello disable face recognition temporarily when I lock the screen manually?

I see the exact same behavior and would love to be able to temporarily disable it as well. It's really odd. If I lock the screen, it should just lock. This instantaneous rescanning is silly behavior.

Grant Fritchey, Jun 14, 2020
  4. RLAR Win User

Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Thnx. I did try turning off the "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face" button. (That wording is a little different then your screen is showing.) When I restarted my computer, the face recognition mode came up with a dismiss comment, red lights flashing and it just sat there. Eventually it said welcome, but then the screen went black...for about 10 minutes. I thought I was dead in the water. So kinda chicken to try it again. And chicken to attempt step 2....way out of my league. Maybe under face recognition, above the turn on/off auto face button, I should select "remove," and it would defaut to my pin? Seems odd that something that should be so simple isn't.

Thema:

1. Could Windows Hello disable face recognition temporarily when I lock the screen manually? - Similar Threads - Hello disable face

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: Hi,I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3501, i5 11th Generation, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2GB GDDR5 Laptop.Do I have to have IR devices listed in my devmgmt.msc to use my camera with Windows Hello Face?If yes, could anyone share a screenshot of the device manager which contains IR...
  3. Hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello face recognition: My hello face recognition has stopped working. In the settings it says my camera is not compatible. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition/dd429b1c-e3eb-45ee-978e-efd8086b1f1f
  4. Windows Hello face recognition

Windows Hello face recognition: I can't remove Windows Hello face recognition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recognition/642129e9-85f4-4869-b862-04a08a2162dc
  5. Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello Face Recognition: I recently bought a Microsoft Pro. It set up my face recognition while doing a whole laptop setup, however I dont need it anymore. when i go into settings to remove face recognition, it says currently not available but the remove and improve recognition buttons cannot be...
  6. windows hello face recognition and locking /dynamic lock

windows hello face recognition and locking /dynamic lock: there are 2 questions 1 after logging in when leaving the workstation I press windows+L to lock the workstation it then starts the camera. I walk away but when I come back it wants a pin or password when I dismiss the lock screen the camera does not turn on. how do I get it...
  7. Windows Hello Face recognition

Windows Hello Face recognition: Hello all, I have a problem that seems to be common on this forum but none of the common fixes have worked for me. My windows Hello face recognition built into my surface laptop 3 has recently in the past few days just stopped working. When I go into the sign-in options in...
  8. windows hello face recognition

windows hello face recognition: I'm in serious need of some help. I've been going through countless websites, videos and comments here about problems involving windows hello face recognition being unavailable, but nothing has worked so far. My laptop had been working perfectly fine this morning and when...
  9. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: I have a Microsoft go tablet and I use it as my school laptop. I used to use the facial recognition but now it won't let me use it and I don't know why. It is saying the option is currently unavailable. Can anyone help me? It is so annoying to have to type in a pin or a...
  10. Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Windows Hello Face Recognition on Laptop: I have a Logitech BRIO camera connected to my laptop's dock. I set up Windows Hello facial recognition so that I don't have to enter a password when the laptop is docked. I usually place the computer with the lid closed underneath my monitor when it's docked. This prevents me...